Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Scoot

Headhunters

Not much of a check in for us- it's Ryan, Morgan, my nephew Logan, and me joined by Sorgy.  Sorgy, PM me if you've got any bright ideas for a team name.  

Headhunters!  Sorgy came up with it and I like it!  I don't see how I can edit my post to change the name, however.  

One bit of good news for the team- my daughter is going to use a vertical bow this year!  I'm excited for her and I hope she can get a crack at one with it.  She's used a crossbow in the past and it's really done a number of the birds when matched with a Bullhead.  But, she's swapping over to a big kid bow this year and we'll give that a try.  I hope she can get it done!  

One more late entry,  Hugonian1 joining the Headhunters.

All right, happy with the late entries!

Welcome Hugo!

I'm excited to get out there and give it a try! This Saturday I scouted all of the spots I have permission to hunt and didn't see or hear a single turkey. Yesterday evening I went to my best spot and didn't see any tracks in the snow and didn't hear or see a thing. I think the birds have not broken up and moved into those areas yet. I predict a very tough start for us!

I am headed to Chicago for work in a couple hours and won't be back until Friday. I should be able to hunt Saturday and Sunday this weekend. good luck to everyone who gets out tomorrow!

Welcome Hugonian!

Glad to have another on the team. Are you hunting the Hugo area this winter? I have several areas I may try. My fall back area is public land near home.

Good Luck

Steve

Glad to be on board.

Have a MN Archery tag so lots of opportunity ahead.

Will be hunting our Hugo property.

Had about 20" of snow in our area so that will slow things down early on.

Have had quite a few birds around though.

They seem to have broken up into their groups.

Will probobly hold off a bit and let things settle down.

Also hace a C Season tag for Wisconsin.

Not sure how that will play out but have access to a property down by Nelson that typically holds quite a few birds.

Should be another fun season.

Bird down!  Ryan tagged out yesterday on the first day of the year he could hunt. It's a pretty nice Tom with 3/4" sure and an 8 3/4" beard. I'll get some pics up and it entered when I can. 

I'll try to get some pictures posted today. I also had Morgan out on Saturday and she just didn't have the patients 2 stick it out shoot a bird. She made it until 8:15 and was ready to quit. I tried like heck to get her to stay but she was tired and whiny and ready to go. Seemed like a time where it was best to try to accept losing the battle but hopefully winning the war so we packed up and headed home. After I loaded the truck we turned around and went past the spot our blind had just been and there was a nice tom 20 yards away from where we just left. Doah!

I'm a little concerned about getting her out enough to have a legitimate chance with her. I kind of regret including her on the team because I'm not sure she will hunt enough to have a legit chance. 10 year old little girls have a mind of their own no doubt! She's not nearly as driven and single track minded as Ryan is when it comes to hunting.

Scoot, I have had the same issues with both my 11 year old boy and 14 year old girl.  They have both ended up with opportunities each years.  Frustrating as it my be, it is still worth it.  Thats why we have teams to pick each other up, i might bet, being a Scoot child, she will impress us by the end.

Good luck out there!

41 minutes ago, ANYFISH2 said:

i might bet, being a Scoot child, she will impress us by the end.

True that!

If early mornings aren't her thing just hunt later.   If I had to cut out 2 hours of the day it would be the first two.  I'd hear less gobbling, but I rarely shoot a bird early.

15 minutes ago, Borch said:

If early mornings aren't her thing just hunt later.   If I had to cut out 2 hours of the day it would be the first two.  I'd hear less gobbling, but I rarely shoot a bird early.

I've shot many early but you're right, get one going later in the day and its much easier to get them to commit.   Got mine at 6pm.

Maybe she needs more to do in the blind.   Camera and binoculars to watch the other critters running around.  Maybe some after dinner shorter evening hunts if you can set up where they like to roost and catch birds coming back.

Yep, excellent suggestions fellas!  If it's nice out this evening (supposed to be) we're going to go give it a try.  I'll bring lots of snacks, camera, binocs, and maybe even a tablet for her to play on.  

3.jpg

2.jpg

We packed four of us in the blind and had a blast!  Just about ready to give up and gave "one last call" only to have the birds blow up not 30 yards away from us.  One of the gobblers rubbed against the blind for two feet as he walked into the deeks- pretty dang cool!  Ryan made a perfect shot and dropped the bird in his tracks.