• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 2 - Everlasting Gobble Stoppers

rkhinrichs

Anyfish2 and Isaac checking in.  Isaac will be hunting until he gets one (I hope)!

I will be hunting with the bow this year for the first time.  Initial plan is to hunt when the kids dont want to or are too busy.

Land owners texted me this morning, birds first showed themselves today. Hope they stick around.

imagejpeg_0.jpg.782899ef390ea9b1ffe768d3996f4155.jpg

DonBo checking in.  I'll have a MN archery licence in my pocket, and get out when I can, probably most often a couple hours before work. 

Taking a kid out on his 1st turkey hunt opening weekend, then my 94 year old father the 2nd week, also taking a kid on his 1st hunt in WI that weekend. 

I may get to fish that next weekend, then I'll be spending several days in WI with my own permit.

Week after that, doing a women's mentored hunt for the DNR.  Whew!  

Told my wife not to plan anything for me for the next 6 weeks.  We'll see how that goes.

19 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

How are things looking in your areas guys?

Took a walk in the woods last night. Definitely some birds around, not a lot of sign though.  Found a couple of strutting areas, could find sign of a roost however.

I have not check my farms I have access to since March 17 my shed hunting trip. Tomorrow after work, I will drive and roost some birds for the morning hunt. What about you?

lots of gobbling this morning.  Birds seem to be staying in fairly tight area of woods so far this morning. They are near, but I cant seem to talk the hens over.  Had a nice hollering match earlier, was fun, though not productive.

3 Jakes came onto my lone upright hen decoy about 8am.  They turned out to be my test birds.  First year with the bow so,  tested what I could get away with, drawing the bow.  They didnt like it! 

Birds stiĺl talking here.

Edited by ANYFISH2

The whole flock skirted me this morning, never coming closer than 100 yds.  Stayed in the landowners back yard all morning before heading to parts unknown. Counted 7 longbeards in the bunch.

Headed back now. I'm sure my blind will be surrounded when I get there.

Good luck guys.