• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 2 - Everlasting Gobble Stoppers

rkhinrichs

4 hours ago, DonBo said:

He does have a whiskey every night, 5:00 exactly.  Mostly he walks. A lot.  Always has.  His dad lived to 104.  Maybe I should start taking better care of myself just in case I live that long :o

You might have to switch to the light version of dressing for your turkey marinade. ;)

If I could count on a good bourbon every night @ 5 I’d stick around too!

I, like everyone else, think it’s an absolute treasure what you have going on there.  My Dad passed when he was 65 and there are so many things I wish I could’ve shared with him since that time 12 years ago.  God bless you both Don. :)

On 5/3/2018 at 7:16 PM, DonBo said:

He does have a whiskey every night, 5:00 exactly.  Mostly he walks. A lot.  Always has.  His dad lived to 104.  Maybe I should start taking better care of myself just in case I live that long :o

I would stick around for that,and also having a personal guide that is cheap and spending great time in the woods with my kid. 

Isaac and I back out again this morning.  Pretty active morning so far.  8 birds have been spotted so far, 1 tom a couple jakes and the rest hens.

Lone tom and lone jake, neither even looked at the decoy.  Had a place in mind they wanted to be i guess.  Kind strange.

Had another strutter behind us at thirty 30yds, full tail fan, but a short beard.  Not sure if it was a jake or short bearded tom.  5 hens took him away!

20180506_061900.jpg

20180506_061906.jpg

Those hens should be giving the toms the cold wing pretty soon.  Maybe they’ll make a swing back through checking for friendlies.

Good luck - glad Isaac was in the get up and hunt mood! :cool:

4 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

Anyone still at it?

not sure that i will get Isaac out anymore, will still ask these last few days.

Good luck everyone.

I was going to hunt wi this weekend but fishing musky with my fly rod is what I will do instead.  Good luck!!!!!!!