• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing on Florida Vacation | pt. 1

MN BassFisher

We recently took a break from the snow and cold in Minnesota and traveled down to Marco Island, FL for a week long vacation. On the first morning my Father-in-law and I decided to do some surf fishing from South Marco Beach. This is something that I haven't done previously so we didn't know what to expect. We found that the bite wasn't fast and furious but it didn't take long for us to start catching various Saltwater species including my first ever Pompano!

Friend of mine used to own the Port Of The Islands Club so have wandered around down that way a bit. If you can work it out try to get a guide and get into some of the back channels where you can catch some larger and more active fish,   snook, baby tarpon etc.  Lots of fun. Plenty of fish down in the part of the world.  Have fun!