• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Docks and lifts in by Opener?

leech~~

Starting to wonder the way the ice thickness is this year if were going to get our docks and lifts in by opener or even out of the launch? :eek:

What kind of ice thicknesses are you still finding around the state now?

I go to Wisc for the Mn opener (less comedy at the landings) ,,, Spoke to my buddy that lives on the lake and he's skeptical if the ice will be out by the Wi opener let alone the Mn opener ,,,, Still 32 inches of ice in the Danbury area 

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Starting to wonder the way the ice thickness is this year if were going to get our docks and lifts in by opener or even out of the launch? :eek:

What kind of ice thicknesses are you still finding around the state now?

yea i wouldnt plan on opening that camper up till the 4th of july!!!!!!!!!:P;)

5 hours ago, LoonASea said:

I go to Wisc for the Mn opener (less comedy at the landings) ,,, Spoke to my buddy that lives on the lake and he's skeptical if the ice will be out by the Wi opener let alone the Mn opener ,,,, Still 32 inches of ice in the Danbury area 

The only year I've seen ice on WI opener is 2013. March of 2013 was a full 6° F colder (mean temperature) for the month than March 2018 has been. So already we are off to a considerably better start.

More importantly though, April of 2013 was an abysmal month. On a stretch from April 5th to April 27th, we received just 15 total hours of partial sunshine (partly cloudy), out of a possible 286 hours of sunshine, meaning the sun was out just 5% of the time (probably closer to 4% with passing clouds during those partly cloudy days). It was also tremendously below average temperature-wise (20 of the first 25 days were 10 degrees or more below average).

Once the sun comes out in mid-April ice goes extremely fast. It would take another month like 2013 where the sun just doesn't come out at all for it to happen.

1 hour ago, C-linershawk1993 said:

Ice on opener means getting to fish with 2 lines.

Well there is that. :lol:  I would say Welcome to the forum but it looks like you have been around for a while.

My opener is in the Brainerd MN area and it looks like they are going to get another dump of snow later today! :angry::cry:

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Well there is that. :lol:  I would say Welcome to the forum but it looks like you have been around for a while.

My opener is in the Brainerd MN area and it looks like they are going to get another dump of snow later today! :angry::cry:

moreys could have there dock out!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin: