• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Electra Auger

Jmnhunter

Question

are the 12volt strikemaster electra augers reliable enough? was thinking I may need to pick one up and slap a 10" chipper blade on it for the ice house, i would solely be using it for the ice house; I've seen some used ones for around the $250 mark

5 answers to this question

I bought the 40v Strikemaster this year and have to say I am pretty impressed with it.   I have drilled a ton of holes in some deep ice without any issues.  Battery life seems to be very good and long lasting.  

I got the 40v as well,

I love it. lots of power and never had to use the extra battery.

the only draw back is you have to keep the battery above 0. ( I tried it lake trout fishing at -10, and  nope)

I put mine in a ion battery case with a hand warmer (the battery's don't seem to notice the wrong brand) and it works great.

Haven't tried to open old holes with the lazer style blades though so not sure how that would work in the wheel house.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:18 PM, Jmnhunter said:

are the 12volt strikemaster electra augers reliable enough? was thinking I may need to pick one up and slap a 10" chipper blade on it for the ice house, i would solely be using it for the ice house; I've seen some used ones for around the $250 mark

Meh... Can't say that I have ever seen a 10" on one of these. i know that there are issues w/ battery life and sustainability... which is why most of the new kids on the block went w/ Li-ion 40/50 volt systems. I have a few friends that have these but hook them up to the house batteries in order to get the holes drilled. I guess if it were me I would suggest saving your money towards an ION or SM Lithium.

On 3/27/2018 at 2:09 PM, jeffeg64 said:

I got the 40v as well,

I love it. lots of power and never had to use the extra battery.

the only draw back is you have to keep the battery above 0. ( I tried it lake trout fishing at -10, and  nope)

I put mine in a ion battery case with a hand warmer (the battery's don't seem to notice the wrong brand) and it works great.

Haven't tried to open old holes with the lazer style blades though so not sure how that would work in the wheel house.

here is what i did for mine. found this sandwich cooler bag fleet farm 12 dollars outer pouch for handwarmer storage. and you should never re-open holes with a lazer blade. it will throw off the cutting angle.i know this from experience. i have a chipper for my 40v for re-opening .

battery case - Copy.jpg

battery case.jpg 1.jpg

battery case.jpg 2.jpg

Edited by nytelyter