• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring... or... ?????

rl_sd

Ok,,,,, I'll be the first to start the thread. I am not overly worried about 40's for a day or two... but I have to believe that 50's with 25 mph winds this weekend may start to raise hell with some of the landings. Either way I am booked up the next two weekends and have come to the realization that the ice fishing stuff can be put away. I had a good run though this year... spent 21 nights on the ice, which is about as much as the last two years combine AND I am still married, which is always a plus. What's everyone else's thoughts?

image.png.e07cf38105a8ea5f1c0fdf3552c333b7.pngimage.png.91cbd030f7074ec28bb8ec5f4b3d8e04.png

My wife said she was going to take the kids to visit her grandmother the second to last weekend in March, so I was all excited about one last trip by myself up north. Two days later that plan got axed and my dreams were crushed. I hope to get out on a metro lake this weekend, but after that will probably  call it a season.

1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

spent 21 nights on the ice, which is about as much as the last two years combine AND I am still married, which is always a plus. What's everyone else's thoughts?

We didn’t spend nearly as many nights on the ice but I/we have been out at least once every weekend that I can remember. I’d like to think I’m gonna keep going but March is going to be a really busy month for work so we’ll see.

And you’re still married! That’s good!  There’s another technique to getting your fishing in and stay married - get her into it.

My wife was craving the ice season this year and she HATES winter.  Last weekend she put on a show with her hand me down crappie rod, landing 5 nice pike.  She didn’t wanna leave the lake come Sunday.

C6043740-274E-45FA-9A8C-DC357AEA3C5C.thumb.jpeg.595dbe0e01cb1acfc8d3c6bbe32c91e1.jpeg

Oh, and of course the biggest walleye.  On a lake not known for walleye.

0DC9592C-CCB8-41FC-9A17-FA1F29FC62FF.thumb.jpeg.884a31d6a335bee08306def85ea85162.jpeg

I get home from work a few minutes ago and see a new ice rod and reel on the table.

I ask, where did this come from?  She says, I bought it; I needed a new one.  I says, but I gave you two already.  She says, not like this one. :D

My hand me downs aren’t good enough anymore. :cry:

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

C6043740-274E-45FA-9A8C-DC357AEA3C5C.thumb.jpeg.595dbe0e01cb1acfc8d3c6bbe32c91e1.jpeg

Holy Hogs!  Was she using Hot Dogs? Is her hoody close by? :P

Oh and why doesn't she have a HSO hoody and hat on? :angry:

Edited by leech~~

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Is her hoody close by? :P

I was wondering that too. I've been there lots of times.

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Because she doesn't beg for free stuff????? :D;)

3 minutes ago, slammer said:

OMG!  What year is that Red lake video from?  They should have brought the boat!

I'm not sure, I just saw it on Facebook this week.

We did the same thing on Mille Lacs over 15 years ago and I don't think I want to do it again.;)

My wife will fish with me but 24 years ago just before we got married I took her for a wheeler tour of the hunting shack area. She was covered head to foot with mud including her pink polar fleece jacket. Hasn't been back since. Works out fine for both of us. And I can't get chewed out for smoking cigars up there.

5 hours ago, Wanderer said:

And you’re still married! That’s good!  There’s another technique to getting your fishing in and stay married - get her into it.

Ive tried to get her to go, but she refuses. Snowmobiling is her winter sport, so I took two weekends off to go on some trips with her. My boys (6&8) love being on the ice, which I am sure is why she tolerates it.... that and she usually does a little shopping when we are gone knowing that I can’t complain about it! I was hoping to get her into it so I could talk her into letting me build another bigger house with an RV duality built into it. No such luck... yet

1 hour ago, slammer said:

OMG!  What year is that Red lake video from?  They should have brought the boat!

I think I remember seeing that get posted last year

5 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'll keep going until I have to do this.........I did it once but never again.

Thars some nut bags thar!  I still remember the water hole I hit with a wheeler on Red around 15 years ago.  Still count it in my top 10 scariest moments.

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Holy Hogs!  Was she using Hot Dogs? Is her hoody close by? :P

Read my post for the “secret” bait. ;)  We did plan on grabbing hotdogs for the weekend for that purpose but found great bait at Fleet Farm so the Thelen brats were the only grillers that made the trip.

Wouldn’t have mattered (re “secret” bait), they didn’t want anything big from us but the big one had a crappie and sunny in its gut.

It might kill ya ta know she does have the coveted hoody and cap.  She just likes buying her own clothes in a bait shop better I guess. :D

1 hour ago, Hawg said:

Before the sweaters said Redding’s it was Bobs Booze Bait & Bullets. 

And pink camo'd Gander muck boots to go along with it! I guess that if she is going to out fish you wander, she just as well look good while doin' it!

21 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

And pink camo'd Gander muck boots to go along with it! I guess that if she is going to out fish you wander, she just as well look good while doin' it!

Dang you beat me to it! :lol: