• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Turkey 2018

rkhinrichs

Thanks wanderer. You were the first to know!  Awesome morning even though most birds were quite.  My excitement has hardly subsided.  This is my first bird with a bow.  Just may be my overall largest bird as well.

1 1/16 & 1 1/8in spurs

10 7/8 in beard

24.64 (10oz) lbs.

Edited by ANYFISH2

The other known rule of thumb happened since my last post: I left the blind for a walkabout.  Needed to scout more anyway.  Bumped one hen off the nest and saw another yote.  And sure enough, two toms light up the gobbles between me and the blind.

Hot birds, gobbling and moving pretty fast so I let em walk.  I think I know where I might find them tomorrow around 10 am. ;)

Maybe I’ll be kickin the AF2 style in 24?

My last 2 mornings have been great as for gobbling, just nothing that came my direction. Usually they roost on neighbors property then work my way as the morning progresses. Bu the last 2 time they simply stayed over there... They don't let others hunt it so I just have to be patient. I did some scouting on a public piece not to far away. It is a hike, about a mile in but I found some really good turkey sign. will keep that in mind for future sits or for fall deer. Great looking spot! This week looks super busy with work so not sure when I will get out again....

Edited by paceman

Called in a true giant on Thursday evening to 20 yards and my buddy screwed up and hit him through the breast and clipped the wing. My legs are still sore from chasing that bird.  Called in 2 toms 2 Jakes and 4 hens last night for my brother but we had a miss communication on the range. Hind sight the toms were at 21 yards but I could not see them so I told him to hold off,didn't want to chase another one. 

Congrats Anyfish

Birds are going down everywhere. Old man tagged out in MN Friday with a 18lb Jake. Then headed to Nebraska Sunday morning arrived at noon had lunch with a buddy in camp. Headed out at 2PM and punched his tag there at 2:15 with a 22lb ,1inch bird almost 23 lbs.Now he is in relaxing mode and going to stay there for a couple days.

Good luck to all hunting, sure been a fun spring.