• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perscription Costa sunlasses?

Walleyehooker

Question

Does anyone here have prescription Costa sunglasses? Thinking about getting a pair or at least the lenses and having them put in the frames I already have. How do you like them? Did you get Bi Focal put in them? Sounds like about $400 for the prescription lenses and about another $200 if I want the Bi Focal. Considering maybe just getting the prescription in the sunglasses and maybe a regular pair of glasses with the Bi Focal.  

10 answers to this question

600 bucks just for lenses?  Seems like a lot of money.   I have worn prescription sunglasses, polarized, bifocal etc for years and don't recall ever paying near that for lenses.    Of course they were just regular grey ones but still.....

That was kind of an estimate but probably not to far off for Costas. Another reason I want to use the frames I have now with regular lenses so I don't have to buy the frames to and they don't make the frames I have now anymore. But they will make prescription lenses for them. 

15 minutes after reading this thread yesterday I snapped my Costa's clean in half at the nose bridge while taking them off.

Arrgh!

I did get 7 years out of them though, I think the years of wear finally did 'em in.

I also have a pair of the Costa C-Mates readers, comes in handy when tying knots with that lower pound test fishing line.

Good luck Walleyehooker on finding what you need.

Duffman, contact Costa they will send you an RMA and you can get them replaced. Wonderful warranty.

Regarding the prescription lenses. I have prescription Polycabonate lenses (non bi focal) and they ran pretty close to 300 for the lenses if memory serves.

I like them because I don't have to wear contacts to enjoy my costas, but unfortunately they were an old prescription when I got them so I don't see real well with them. Or, it could be the fact that I have a wrap around lens style and that makes it difficult to get the focal point correct.

I have had many things him me right on the lenses and thank goodness I had these or some comparable glasses or I would have had issues.

1 hour ago, CaptainMusky said:

Duffman, contact Costa they will send you an RMA and you can get them replaced. Wonderful warranty.

I looked into it, would have cost me around $60 to get them repaired. Unfortunately it wasn't a defect, but it's the second frame I have snapped in the last year. First set snapped while putting on my seatbelt while they were in my jacket pocket.

I ordered two replacement pairs and just got them on Saturday.

Same place where I originally ordered from, limited styles but killer deals.

Two pairs of 400G glasses that retail for $200 each, spent $150 total.

No prescription glasses at that web place, but the C-Mates pop up every once in a while.

Edited by Duffman

On 1/29/2018 at 3:17 PM, Duffman said:

I looked into it, would have cost me around $60 to get them repaired. Unfortunately it wasn't a defect, but it's the second frame I have snapped in the last year. First set snapped while putting on my seatbelt while they were in my jacket pocket.

I ordered two replacement pairs and just got them on Saturday.

Same place where I originally ordered from, limited styles but killer deals.

Two pairs of 400G glasses that retail for $200 each, spent $150 total.

No prescription glasses at that web place, but the C-Mates pop up every once in a while.

Are you sure they are the real deal?   Lots of counterfeit stuff around these days.   Maybe that is why they broke so easy.  

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Are you sure they are the real deal? 

Yep, the real deal. 

It's not like I am buying Oakley's in Mexico. ;)

Operator error breakage on one pair, and I'm guessing nylon fatigue after almost daily use for seven years on the other (and they were cold when snapped) The glass lenses are still in perfect shape though. I kept one set of them for the replacement glasses. (Same model)

20%-60% off, limited styles and colors, previous years models, etc.....

And because of that, I will not post where I get them.

There's a pair of Luke 580G on their right now for $99.60 (one color frame and lens). Costa has reduced the price of this older model from $249.00 to $174.83 on the Costa web site.

Edited by Duffman

Went and had eye exam today and ordered up some prescription Costa sunglasses. Ended up costing around $350 for new frames lenses with no line bi focal lenses. Insurance covered almost all of the new frames and discounted the lenses quite a bit as well as free eye exam other than small co pay. Would have cost almost double for glasses without insurance. Went with Poly carbonate lenses VS glass and hoping I made right choice. Little cheaper than glass and a little lighter. I also ride motorcycles and may offer better protection VS glass if hit by debris. Will see in a couple weeks.