• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Supper

Any suggestions?

I'm running out of ideas. My wife is working today but I am home in the snowstorm all day. We just had chicken wild rice soup last night and chili not too long ago so no soups and I don't feel like standing outside by the grill or smoker in this weather so what should I make for supper?

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Any suggestions?

I'm running out of ideas. My wife is working today but I am home in the snowstorm all day. We just had chicken wild rice soup last night and chili not too long ago so no soups and I don't feel like standing outside by the grill or smoker in this weather so what should I make for supper?

Geez Dave that 's easy. Since you sent the slave to work in a snow storm! Have her pick up dinner on the way home for you as well! :P

Look into the cupboard and create. Mac-n-cheese on the grill, ofcourse can be done in the oven, tonight for me. Just pondering on what I want to add to it and that is what the pantry has to offer. Stuck in Minnetonka and heck if I'm going out in this weather, the traffic out here is a nightmare on a good day.

What do you have to work with?   And what do you like?  

How about pasta carbonara? takes noodles, parmesan type cheese, eggs, ham, bacon, or proscuitto.    Spaghetti is preferred noodle.   Lots of other pasta dishes if you are into pasta.  

The breakfast for dinner thing, above, is always good.   Pancakes, eggs, waffles, french toast, etc.   

Baked potatoes with toppings like butter, cheese, bacon bits, broccoli, whatever.   

Chicken ala king over potatoes or rice (or in form of pot pie) if that isn't too much like soup or stew

Fried breaded chicken strips (panko bread crumbs are the best but regular crumbs work too)

jucy lucy sliders...http://www.startribune.com/party-with-a-super-bowl-theme-that-reflects-this-year-s-minnesota-locale/469764663/

Tater tot hotdish (if you have tots laying around) 

Mexacali meat pie

1 9 inch unbaked pie shell

1 egg

1 pound gr. beef

1 can corn with peppers (or like a cup of frozen corn, no peppers)

1/2 cup saltine crumbs

1/2 cup chili sauce

1 T dried minced onion, or some fresh to taste

2T pepper flakes (I think this is green pepper since if it were hot pepper it would be too much.)  (I use fresh green pepper, maybe half a pepper)

1/2 tsp oregano

4 olives, sliced

6 slices crisp bacon

Toppiing

1 egg

2 T milk

1/2 t salt

1/2 t dry mustard or maybe 1t dijon

1/2 t worcestershire

1Cup shredded cheddar

Directions

heat oven to 425

beat egg lightly, add beef, corn, crumbs, chili sauce, pepper, onion and oregano.   mix well

press into crust

bake 20-25 min

spread topping on filling (combine egg and milk, mix in rest of stuff)

bake 5 more minutes or until looks right. 

let stand 10 min.   

That's my list.  Or order pizza if there is a place.

Edited by delcecchi

3 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Yes del, they have quick pizza delivery  in town, right Dave? :D. We're having chili dogs n fries. But tacos or grilled cheese are tough to beat..

What?  Google says there are two delivery places in belle plaine... 

3 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

What?  Google says there are two delivery places in belle plaine... 

Inside joke, You must have missed the post where I mentioned it took 2-1/2 hours to get a pizza from my local Domino's on the night of the Minnesota Miracle.

Edited by Big Dave2