• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leech

pascooter94@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Still get the normal way on my cell phone, but laptop and work puter it's all screwed up. With all the issues getting on its frustrating coming here. Seems like the more they tweek things the more it goes dead.

No, no it's just me with issues.  Ask eyeguy, he's called me out like 6 times now as the only one having site issues!  :whistle:

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

For some reason IE and Edge are redirecting the forums home page to the site home page. It works fine on Chrome.

53 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Just got on chrome.  The icefishing link comes to the icefishing forum.   The "outdoor forums" goes to the home page.   

http://hotspotoutdoors.com/forums/  goes to the home page....   

Forgot to mention it is on win10 on a pc.  

Seems to be ok on chrome on android phone.  Also on whatever browser samsung puts on there....

12 hours ago, Surface Tension said:

Take my advice and change it back.   1 out of 10 fill figure out how to navigate though the menu and the other 9 will give up.

"If you don't know where to start, go back to da beginnin"  :grin:

hqdefault.jpg

On 1/7/2018 at 7:24 AM, eyeguy 54 said:

i miss the POSTS that was on the right side. 

And I also liked the previous posts that showed on the left menu bar.

On 1/7/2018 at 8:14 AM, Surface Tension said:

Take my advice and change it back.   1 out of 10 fill figure out how to navigate though the menu and the other 9 will give up.

This time a 100!

@Rickthis is becoming a huge PIA.....why make HSO different than FM. Or maybe give a heads up before doing the change. 

All I want is to see all the forums in one view....I then right click and open each section I want to read in a new tab. This new way is way to much work just to see new posts. I am not going to manually visit each section just to get to new posts.

I haven't changed anything.

Except the wording on and the menu community category dropdown.which now is just part of the menu.

Otherwise I don't know what you guys are talking about?

If I go to hotspotoutdoors.com and click on Forums in the top menu bar all it does is take me back to the HSO homepage.  

If I click on Ice Fishing Community in the drop down I get taken to the Ice Fishing forum with list of posts.  If I click on Outdoor Forums it loops back to the HSO home page.  If I click on North American Fishing Reports I get taken to a page with state forums.

Where did all of the other sub forums go? Hunting? Sports? Cooking? Home Improvement? Etc...

FYI I'm using Chrome

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

Except the wording on and the menu community category dropdown.which now is just part of the menu.

Dang, Bear555 was right! :eek:

69ee6ff0-b052-494a-90f4-99adfe87e3de.jpg

37 minutes ago, Rick said:

If I go to this URL as I have done forever: hotspotoutdoors.com/forums/

It does not take me the forums it takes to me to the main HSO page and when I try to get to forums it takes me right back to that main page.

Also another means used to be this page: hotspotoutdoors.com/forums/discover/unread/

It also redirects me to the main page with no forums.

Sure you can go to top drop down menu under forums and choose "Ice fishing community" which only goes to here: http://hotspotoutdoors.com/forums/forum/6-ice-fishing/

As eyeguy pointed out from there you finally get the top menu with community categories etc but thats way too many steps. Bring back the one click.

If anyting FM and HSO despite the switch, look and feel are no longer similar. HSO works fine on my phone but does not work on 3 different laptops and multiple browsers on multiple networks.

I didn't make that change. The cache manager was corrupt, which caused the redirection and repaired yesterday.

It now works as it did before for me on all browsers. So clear your cache and cookies and see if it works for you.

Just now, Rick said:

I didn't make that change. The cache manager was corrupt, which caused the redirection and repaired yesterday.

It now works as it did before for me on all browsers. So clear your cache and cookies and see if it works for you.

Huh????

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Cleared cache and cookies and its the same.  Clearly something is amiss for this many users to be having problems. 

I've built enough websites to know one off issues happen and they are usually user related but when many users report the same issue then its something with the site itself. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just deleted all history, cache, cookies etc. and still get same result.

another tidbit I discovered is before you could see most of the forums even if you were not logged in. now you cant see anything until you log in.

I also work in IT, do web development, know my way around things and I can tell you first hand something isnt right with the HSO site and its not just on my end

2 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

Cleared cache and cookies and its the same.  Clearly something is amiss for this many users to be having problems. 

I've built enough websites to know one off issues happen and they are usually user related but when many users report the same issue then its something with the site itself. 

Thank you. That's what I needed to know.

4 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Just deleted all history, cache, cookies etc. and still get same result.

another tidbit I discovered is before you could see most of the forums even if you were not logged in. now you cant see anything until you log in.

I also work in IT, do web development, know my way around things and I can tell you first hand something isnt right with the HSO site and its not just on my end

Thanks. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Especially being I can't replicate it on my end.

Which means your input will help.