Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Waldowski

Cargo Netting

9 posts in this topic

Want to add some cargo netting to the bow of my boat. Have seen a few posts in the past concerning this but can't locate them. I would like to get some locally and really don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

Anyone know where I can get some?

------------------
Paul
PWaldow123@aol.com

Hi Paul, I got mine out of my wife's trunk(shhhhhh, it is our secret!). It fits my boat really well. I think the nets out of gm vehicles are pretty standard and my boat is a 16 foot lund, if that helps. Are you still in WI? Going down to pool 4 Sunday, you welcome to come if you are around.

James,

How did you mount it? Now just need to find a G.M. vehicle. grin.gif

Still in WI. Be home some time on Sun. Thanks for the offer, have to take a raincheck on pool 4.

------------------
Paul
PWaldow123@aol.com

I'm pretty sure I saw netting in the Cablea's spring catalog...

Check in the children's section of a Target or K-Mart. They have it there for attaching to a stroller to hold toys. The wife picked a few of these up a year or 2 ago. Don't know the exact cost but may be worth a shot. Oh you may also want to check Walmart, they tend to be cheaper on most things. Otherwise hit a junk yard.

Paul, as far as mounting goes, use the round black cable holder that are made with the screw hole(they have them at most stores, in the electrical department(fleetfarm, hardware stores, maybe walmart). I think this is a better system then even the ones that the lund dealer uses they are smaller and look better.

Paul,
Since I did not want to pay the “Genmar” prices for this item, I took the advice from the previous thread regarding cargo nets and looked into various retailers:
Auto & truck parts stores, Target, boating accessory shops and ATV accessory suppliers.
Most places do have some form of netting that can be fashioned to fit boats. However, I found, the best fitting and reasonably priced nets available from Cabela’s. They also come with the necessary hardware. Marine Man is correct: spring catolog has them.

I picked one up at Walmart by the camping trailer section. It was about $15.00.

Paul, Mills Fleet Farm just got some in for 23 bucks a net that includes the hardware. They are specifically designed for the boat.