Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Blackhawkxp

After Market Remote Start

Recommended Posts

My son has a 2004 Buick regal that had an aftermarket remote start installed when we bought it.  The car starts fine with the remote start but after a few minutes of running the car shuts off and then automatically restarts the engine.  I have a little knowledge of how the remote start systems typically work but i am not an expert.  I assume it is loosing a tach signal but i was hoping someone would maybe have a little more knowledge on the subject.  I am not sure of the brand but the below is a picture of the key fob.

20171228_100817.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm old school, wondering why anyone needs to start their car remotely, unless of course they are worried about "boom" 

Glad to see you, Jeremy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

I'm old school, wondering why anyone needs to start their car remotely, unless of course they are worried about "boom" 

Glad to see you, Jeremy.  

Ask a woman if she can come up with a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have remote starts in 3 vehicles. I have the factory one in my Ram, my wife an aftermarket in her Durango and my daughter has one in her car that she can start from anywhere with an app on her phone.

 

The aftermarket ones can have glitches due to the vast differences in wiring across the market. Take it to an authorized installer and have them trouble shoot it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobbymalone said:

Ask a woman if she can come up with a reason.

I did.   She couldn't think of one either.    Let's hear yours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I'm old school, wondering why anyone needs to start their car remotely, unless of course they are worried about "boom" 

Glad to see you, Jeremy.  

Really?

On a day like today you can't figure out any reason a remote start could be handy?

Edited by Big Dave2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

Really?

On a day like today you can't figure out any reason a remote start could be handy?

we have a garage.  and I distinguish "need" from "want".  So you start the car and let it idle so you don't have to endure 5 minutes of chill? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You don't start your car and let it warm up when it is -15?

7 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

  and I distinguish "need" from "want".  

So you "need" the internet and the device you are posting on? How about your sous vide machine? ;)

Do you really even "need" a car? A horse works fine, doesn't it? :D

Edited by Big Dave2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

my, my, pretty hostile there.   Have a remote start if you want the gadget.   Still seems sort of silly to me.   I get in the car, sit there for maybe a minute and drive off.  

-------

Sexism?  Seriously?  

Edited by delcecchi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

my, my, pretty hostile there.   Have a remote start if you want the gadget.   Still seems sort of silly to me.   I get in the car, sit there for maybe a minute and drive off.  

Some may say that the person telling others what they want or need is the "hostile" one....

4 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

-------

Sexism?  Seriously?  

 

joke chill.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

my, my, pretty hostile there.   Have a remote start if you want the gadget.   Still seems sort of silly to me.   I get in the car, sit there for maybe a minute and drive off.  

-------

Sexism?  Seriously?  

What if you are away from the house for the day? Some people have jobs where their car is away from the garage all day and if it's below zero, remotely starting your car means it's ready to go when you are. It takes more than a minute for a car to warm up in this weather after sitting for a day of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My truck sits in the driveway at home.  I remote start it before brushing my teeth in the morning every day before work.  By the time I get in, it’s NOT toasty warm inside but the diesel engine has had time to get warmed up.

This is my first vehicle with remote start and I like it - a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

What if you are away from the house for the day? Some people have jobs where their car is away from the garage all day and if it's below zero, remotely starting your car means it's ready to go when you are. It takes more than a minute for a car to warm up in this weather after sitting for a day of work.

My car sat all day in a parking lot, and outside overnight for many years.    Manufacturers don't even recommend idling cars until they are all the way warm, just for a short time before driving off.    But it is your car.   You don't need to justify your actions to me.  

And BTW the 1970s and early 1980s were much colder winters than we have been having recently.    No that is not a commentary on "global climate change".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

My car sat all day in a parking lot, and outside overnight for many years.    Manufacturers don't even recommend idling cars until they are all the way warm, just for a short time before driving off.    But it is your car.   You don't need to justify your actions to me.  

And BTW the 1970s and early 1980s were much colder winters than we have been having recently.    No that is not a commentary on "global climate change".

And people used to strap their horse to the hitching post when they came to town. 

Times change and this is something more people are doing with their cars whether you see a need or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 1:02 PM, Jeremy airjer W said:

uninstall it before it leaves you stranded.

 

Can you elaborate?  Do you think there is an issue with the pass lock system bypass relay?  Not sure why it would leave him stranded unless the security system would be causing the issue of not starting.  If there is a known issue please let me know because i definitely don't want him stuck out in the middle of no where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2018 at 11:46 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

And people used to strap their horse to the hitching post when they came to town. 

Times change and this is something more people are doing with their cars whether you see a need or not. 

True dat.  I still think it is silly.   But whatever floats your boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, Blackhawkxp said:

My son has a 2004 Buick regal that had an aftermarket remote start installed when we bought it.  The car starts fine with the remote start but after a few minutes of running the car shuts off and then automatically restarts the engine.  I have a little knowledge of how the remote start systems typically work but i am not an expert.  I assume it is loosing a tach signal but i was hoping someone would maybe have a little more knowledge on the subject.  I am not sure of the brand but the below is a picture of the key fob.

Go to an aftermarket installer.  Show them the fob. Tell them the problem. They should answer your problem. (it worked for me) It would be better than reading most of the posts from the yahoos on this site.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, Blackhawkxp said:

Can you elaborate?  Do you think there is an issue with the pass lock system bypass relay?  Not sure why it would leave him stranded unless the security system would be causing the issue of not starting.  If there is a known issue please let me know because i definitely don't want him stuck out in the middle of no where.

The aftermarket systems and more importantly the installations frequently cause problems. To install one to OE quality takes half to a full day which doesn't happen for $99.95.  I only uninstall them when the car won't start at all. Last one was easy, just pull the fuses at the remote start so the battery didn't die within 3-4 days from parasitic draw.  Usually it's remove the tumbleweed in the dash..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016 Taurus SHO. Heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel. 

 

Remote start and everything is warm. It's a better way to start the morning for me.

 

In the summer my black leather seats are not the temp of the sun. 

 

It's all about convenience.

 

We sure did get off topic here eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now