• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help for Condensation

jmg

Looks like I will need to keep my Eskimo 949 longer than I'd planned so I wondered what has worked the best to reduce condensation in un=insulated houses?  Something that is easy to install, take down or out at the end of the day, etc. is what I am looking for.  Getting tired of needing a raincoat or a thick towel to keep wiping things.  In the past I think there were some refererences to reflectix or some other types of products, but I can't seem to find those posts.  Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by jmg
content

Reflectix may be worth a try but it'll more than likely require more cutting in a hub house. I installed it in a flip over I had and it worked great.

I have thought about using something like a heavy moving blanket also. That may be easier to install each time than the reflectix but I would guess you'll need to lay it out after each trip to dry out. If I ever get around to trying the blanket I would spray the one side down with some of that never wet spray or some sort of silicon spray and use that side against the canvas to try cut down on how much water it would soak up. 

Edited by huntnfish

Reflectix might work and I'd think it would be easier to deal with than a blanket.  You could cut the reflectix into shapes that fit your hub ceiling and maybe some sticky velcro tape would hold it into place and make it removable at the end of the day.  probably only take a few minutes to set up and take down.  It may also be thin enough that you can attach it permanently and the house may still fold up with it installed. 

A blanket seems like a hassle.  How would it be hung?  It would for sure absorb the condensation so you'll be packing up a wet blanket at the end of each day and it will need to be dried out someplace heated before it can be used again so back to back fishing days you'd probably need 2 blankets to switch out.