• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garmin Panoptix Ice Bundle

Adam NWI

I found a good deal on the Garmin panoptix ice unit on one of the facebook sites and made an impulse buy.  It was a couple hours away from me, so I had my buddy check it out and pick it up and so I haven't even had a chance to see it yet.  From the youtube videos I've seen they look like they could completely change how I fish year round.  Has anyone had a chance to use one and how do they like it? 

I probably should have asked this question before I pulled the trigger!

I don't even want to know what the cost per pound of the fish that I've caught is, but the fish house had way more of an effect on it that than the Garmin.  Since fishing is my only hobby I justify it that way, and more importantly, I don't tell my wife what everything actually costs!

2 hours ago, vtx1029 said:

If you really only fished for food your a fool IMO buying it in a store is way more cost effective.

You do realize an entire meal of panfish can be caught with a free worm on a 10 cent hook using a $1.00 jigglestick in a hole drilled with a rusty handed down hand auger using no electronics, right?

Edited by Big Dave2

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

You do realize an entire meal of panfish can be caught with a free worm on a 10 cent hook using a $1.00 jigglestick in a hole drilled with a rusty handed down hand auger using no electronics, right?

yes but chances are none of us on this site are that type of fishermen.

Geez, if a guy has the money and wants to spend a exorbitant amount on some fishing equipment. And he gets it past his wife!

Stop puzzy whipping him! :/

s7_027352_999_01?labelKey=label&&id=7XDR11&wid=380&hei=348&fmt=jpg

NEW! Garmin® Panoptix™ echoMAP™ Ice Bundle

Regular Price:

$1,799.99
Edited by leech~~

8 hours ago, Adam NWI said:

I don't even want to know what the cost per pound of the fish that I've caught is, but the fish house had way more of an effect on it that than the Garmin.  Since fishing is my only hobby I justify it that way, and more importantly, I don't tell my wife what everything actually costs!

True. that's best kept as quiet as possible. 

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

wifey would not like a buncha worms in the fridge all winter. happy wife, happy life. :) 

You guys sure are poor at solving problems......no wonder you have to buy $2,000 sonars to catch a fish :D

Two words.........garage fridge........;) I can keep beer, booze, worms, minnows, a secret stash of beef sticks and pickled eggs or whatever I want in there without disturbing the Mrs. 

35 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

extra fridge in basement for my beer and bait. :)   no $2000 sonar for me. LOL

contest time, dave grab that stuff, I grab mine. fish for 2 hours, buck a fish from each other. :):):) ha! 

LOL, now you're changing the context. I never said I could catch fish faster that way, I was merely replying to the fact that I was called a fool for fishing for food. 

7 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Ok

Quit fooling around and catch some fish.:grin:

Aren't you paying attention? Dave got a hook, cork and a worm. And eyeguy got a $9.99 jigging stick from on-line last week.

Neather of um, an't got no $2000 fancy Gar-man locator so they an't catchen shat! :(

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Aren't you paying attention? Dave got a hook, cork and a worm. And eyeguy got a $9.99 jigging stick from on-line last week.

Neather of um, an't got no $2000 fancy Gar-man locator so they an't catchen shat! :(

The OP got one silly.