• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teddy's Back!!

leech~~

Teddy was classic Teddy in his admittedly very limited passing situations, indecisive. Even the announcers used that word to describe his interception.

Teddy has always been indecisive and not aggressive enough.

Edited by Big Dave2

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

He looked like a fish out of water.  I was hoping for better for him.

I was watching his face on close ups for some kind of smile or excitement at all. Just a Deer-in-headlights stare! :(

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Soooo, when will Bardford be ready as Backup?   :(

Sam Bradford was gone, apparently, but now he’s back

Is he going to be brought back to the active roster?

By Christopher Gates@Gates_DN  Dec 16, 2017, 1:13pm CST

We really haven’t seen much of Minnesota Vikings’ quarterback Sam Bradford this season. There was his brilliant performance in the regular season opener against New Orleans, and his ill-fated attempt to come back from a knee injury against the Chicago Bears. The team placed him on injured reserve in early November (the move corresponded with Teddy Bridgewaterbeing activated from the PUP list), and at that point, Bradford just sort of disappeared.

Until today, according to Courtney Cronin of ESPN.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/12/16/16785094/sam-bradford-was-gone-apparently-hes-back-minnesota-vikings

If the teams success is riding on Case’s shoulders and they wind up being the first team in NFL history to play at their home field - and they win: There will be a movie made.

We may just be watching the trailers now.

I’m not a big football fan to begin with but the last year (or two) has been a pretty darn good story.

My wife and I were talking today about how we haven’t really had a good coach since Bud Grant.  I looked up the coach history for the team and will stand by that.  At least for as much as I know about football.

12 hours ago, fishingstar said:

Sam was put on IR he is done for the year

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford was placed on injured reserved earlier this season. He is eligible to return in the playoffs and is back in the facility per reports. 

12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

My wife and I were talking today about how we haven’t really had a good coach since Bud Grant.  I looked up the coach history for the team and will stand by that.  At least for as much as I know about football.

You don't have to like him but not many coaches in the history of the NFL did more than Dennis Green did. I would say he was a "good" coach.

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

You don't have to like him but not many coaches in the history of the NFL did more than Dennis Green did. I would say he was a "good" coach.

That may be.  Like I said, I’m not into football THAT much so I’m basing my opinion on my gut and seeing the Vikings perform reliably for a change.

I’ve actually had personal interactions with Green when he was coaching here.  He was OK but I wasn’t in awe of him.  I guess it’s more accurate to say I’m neutral there.

It was his first plays in two years. Not even hit yet Teddy will be fine. Don't worry Shurmur and Case will be in Cleveland next season :) . I have no problem if Teddy ends up being out QB next season but you never know. Next year’s free agents for QB will be nuts , not saying the big names leave but it's going to be fun to watch who ends up where and who spends money on some old arms.

22 hours ago, fishingstar said:

Sam was put on IR he is done for the year

oopps

I'll take Teddy next year and ride Case into the play offs.

If Case is smart he will follow Shurmur were ever he goes but not to Cleveland.  I don't he wil be  that stupid again.

23 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Why Teddy next year instead of Case? Are you not happy with good QB play?

I think Teddy is a better QB. Case is making the most of Shurmur's system.

I hate to see what the vikings offense looks like when they both are gone.

4 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Why Teddy next year instead of Case? Are you not happy with good QB play?

Generally speaking, such streaks in the NFL are an anomaly and players fall back into their typical play (see 2015 Cam Newton Vs 2016/2017).

Keenum.png.1ee2f1b23a4e7805612f7bf88a129d5c.png

That's the first 33 games of Case's career (which is up to the bye week of this season), and the last 6 games (after the bye week this year). You wouldn't want to give Case a Matt Flynn type contract only to see him fall back to the top line kind of stats.

Edited by Nick Kuhn