• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheel House Build Renovation

Niteryder

I was looking for some input on what direction to go with my wheel house.  We did quite a bit of work on it this past summer and now it's time for some interior upgrades.

I have been in a few houses and they always seemed to have semi-crappy layouts.  

Here is the current layout, it's a clean slate.  I know I can save space switching heaters but stays for this year and maybe next.

MUYHpwa.jpgs5EiWE7.jpg

The inside dimensions are 6' 6" wide by 12' long and 6' high.  I was thinking of moving the holes around and maybe adding this:

mP94mw8.jpg2WOuoUq.jpg

If mine,  I would add those drop down bunks and some pedestal boat seats.  With a smaller house like that I would want as much open area as possible.  I think those big couch/sofas take too much room.  You can always drop the bunk and take a snooze without taking up floor fishing space.  Just some thoughts.......

I've always been partial to the fold down couch in the back but I'd want to have storage under it and a fold down bunk above it.

One thing to keep in mind is the heater.  I know you said the current heater stays for this season and maybe next but if you're doing work on the layout now you should probably plan for the new heater now even if its not going in for a year or two.  You'd hate to do all this work adjusting the layout only to find out you should have done something differently to accommodate the new heater.