Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyeguy 54

Sunset

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• This isn't my patio but its very close to what I have. I think sandblasting would likely ruin the texture and pattern.  I'd also have to reapply a clear sealer after sandblasting and the sealer is what makes it slippery. 
    • This just occurred to me....  I have no idea if it would work..   Could it be sandblasted to roughen the surface and give more grip?         
    • I've seen a lot of options for things you can mix into the sealer before you roll it on.  I may start out going that route since I already have the sealer and the additives are cheap.  I've got a non visible area I can use as a test patch to see how it works.  I don't necessarily need it to be equal to a broomed concrete I'll settle for at least non-deadly.    Hopefully i can figure out something, my wife hates how slippery it is and is threatening to have it all torn out (the really expensive option). 
    • That is the drawback to stamped concrete.  Contractors that I have worked with, always ask, are you sure you want to do this, it will be slick.  The contractors add silica sand to the sealer.  IDK if they mix the sand with the sealer prior to application or after and roll it in.  It helps, but not a grippy as broomed concrete.  
    • I bought a new house last summer and it has a good sized stamped concrete patio off of the deck in the backyard.  It looks great and we use it a lot but the problem is that is very slippery when wet.  This winter it was like an ice rink when it had a little snow on it and in the summer its really slick when it rains or if the kids run on it with bare feet after playing in the sprinkler or pool.    I'm looking for solutions to reduce how slippery it is.  I've seen additives that I can add to the clear sealer that the old homeowner left for me (the cheap solution).  I've also see a product called Deck o Grip (the more expensive option) that looks to be a clear sealer that acts like a thin flexible rubber surface to prevent slips.  My concern with additives is that I don't want it to feel too rough on bare feet.  Most of the additives indicate you won't notice much but I'm wonder if that is true and if you don't notice anything does it really reduce slips that much?    Does anyone have experience with sealers for stamped concrete that aren't so dang slippery?
    • Every bird is around now except for a turkey. I heard them as the sun came up but I know they went to that field again. I am going to stick it out and see if I can get one to come over in a while.
    • Yep, a lot of things have to go right, right in a row, to get one with the bow.  Good luck!
    • Sat on a different property yesterday morning. With the recent snow melt I can finally drive close to it. I sat until 11:00. Had gobbling near me most of the morning. Finally about 9:00  4 jakes and a hen came out to the field followed by 2 large Toms and another hen. The jakes came cruising in to me dekes. Got as close as 7 yards but the big Toms kept there distance. I don't think they liked my strutter decoy. It is one that spins and the tail raises/lowers. Might be a bit to aggressive for this early season. They eventually walked off with the hen following them., never getting closer then 75 yards. Depending on this rain I might get out this evening/otherwise will have to wait until Friday/Saturday morning with my son...
    • I hear you! Tough luck!