• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's the next gun you're going to buy?

5 hours ago, Bobby Bass said:

Well kind of back to guns, I have been looking to buy a .22 pellet rife for the varmint's around here. a gun but not the kind you guys are talking about  I think.

Sure it is.  A high powered pellet rifle is almost a necessity if you can’t be cracking off 22 long rifles around the house. :)

I’ll have no further contributions to derailing this thread. 

Edited by Wanderer

7 hours ago, Bobby Bass said:

Well kind of back to guns, I have been looking to buy a .22 pellet rife for the varmint's around here. a gun but not the kind you guys are talking about  I think.

A gun is a gun, I like them all!

This one is BA but a lot more than I personally would spend on an air rifle.....

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/tactical-armada-22-pcp-1000-fps-028478145122.do?sortby=ourPicks

air rifle.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a lever action 30-30 just because everyone should have one. I'd bet a big percentage of us carried one our first time out deer hunting. My grandpa had a Marlin in either .44 or .357 that I wish I'd have gotten. I've also thought about a 45-70. 

14 minutes ago, huntnfish said:

I wouldn't mind having a lever action 30-30 just because everyone should have one. I'd bet a big percentage of us carried one our first time out deer hunting. My grandpa had a Marlin in either .44 or .357 that I wish I'd have gotten. I've also thought about a 45-70. 

I like the .30-.30 because of availability and affordability of the ammo but I think the .35 Remington may be a better overall round. I don't know anything about the .45-70 Gov. though.

Edited by Big Dave2

For an exciting adventure in shooting grab an old "trapdoor" Springfield and rattle off a few rounds of 45-70 or 45-90.  If you're of skinny build and little weight it'll give you a THUMP you'll remember!   Perfect deer cartridge for MN though since that big ol' bullet will go churning through the brush like a D-8 Cat until it hit's it's target.

Have been around the old '94 30-30 since way back when and while it is handy it is not that accurate and lacks the knock-down power of many, many of today's rounds. But if you just have to have one as I always say, it''s your money.

Keep in mind you can buy the .35 Remington in a pump action,   which a lot of MN duck hunters find easy to use come deer season.

On 12/13/2017 at 6:40 PM, huntnfish said:

You got that right!

My Dad had 2 of them, a Marlin 30-30 and a Winchester model 94 as our main deer guns when I was growing up.  The old 94 was my Grandpa’s and that’s what my brother and I used as our first deer rifle.  I killed a lot of deer with that lead slinger.  

After my Dad passed and we split up his guns, that was the first one I asked for.  I still have it but don’t use it.  I’ve shot it some but have to agree the accuracy isn’t there like my other rifles.  It still holds the highest sentimental value of all though.  Someone can have it when it’s pried from cold, dead hands. :D

When I decided I wanted my own deer rifle I bought a Browning BLR in .308 cuz it was a “modern, accurate” round in a similar framed gun. I still enjoy having that gun too but my oldest daughter has been it’s main user for the past 10 years.  I ALMOST gave it to her for Christmas this year.  Maybe next year... ;)

I would love to buy a few more Winchester M1 Garands from WW2. Awesome rifles with a lot of history. Just got my suppressor for my 22-250 and Ar15 in 223 or 556, now I would like another suppressor, they are awesome. Also looking for another Luger. So many guns now but always looking for more.

8 minutes ago, harvey lee said:

I would love to buy a few more Winchester M1 Garands from WW2. Awesome rifles with a lot of history. Just got my suppressor for my 22-250 and Ar15 in 223 or 556, now I would like another suppressor, they are awesome. Also looking for another Luger. So many guns now but always looking for more.

Mr. Lee

Nice to hear from you. It's been a while. :)

27 minutes ago, harvey lee said:

My if I had a million bucks guns would be.

Full and Baby Japanese Nimba's & a German Luger. 

Just think they look :cool:

index.jpg

index.jpg

SUPER-RARE-WW2-NAZI-NAVY-inch-Oinch-PROPERTY-LUGER-1936-S-42-CODE-9MM-PISTOL-WITH-NAZI-NAVY-MARKED-H_100865497_89228_8A554DBF823DE992.JPG

On 12/12/2017 at 3:45 PM, hoppe56307 said:

We the People 1911

I am thinking this will be my next gun.

1911-wtp-right.jpg

I've been eyeing that up for a while now, too.  I keep thinking I want it...and my wallet keeps telling me I am out of my mind.

The Emperor Scorpion version is pretty sweet, too.  

Before anybody buys an M-1 Garand they should be required to lug it ten miles in the rain and mud and then shoot it twenty times to make sure it's alright. Then tear it apart and clean it thoroughly and then do the whole thing over again. Ha Ha Ha!!