• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's the next gun you're going to buy?

For those of us who are gun owners it seems we are always looking at guns and salivating over the "next" gun we want to get our hands on.

What is that "next" gun for you?

For me, I don't have a lot of guns and I'm usually very practically minded when it comes to guns. I'm usually after something to do a specific job like an over-under for grouse or a rifle for deer but with growing sentiment for gun control laws in this country and state, I am considering something a bit less practical before it is too late. I know everyone now days wants an AR-15 and I also think they are cool to look at but not that practical in my mind for the things I want to do with it. Not to mention the money a good one can cost. You can laugh at me all you want but the next firearm I purchase will probably be a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm. I know, I know, Hi-Points are cheap guns, right? But I have a Hi-Point .45 pistol and I love the thing. It's big and ugly just like me and when you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. What more could you want for a sub $150 gun. The carbines can be had for under $300. No-brainer to me.

So, what is YOUR next gun?

hi_point__995TS_b.jpg

I have a Hi-point 9mm carbine. It's a fun gun to shoot. It goes bang when I pull the trigger. That's about all I was looking for when I bought it. I haven't shot it for a few years now though. 

I picked up a Savage model 12 on Black Friday in 6.5 creed. Still need to put a scope on it. It's a heavy barrel so I doubt I'll be carrying it in the woods very far but it should be a good shooter. I'm still not sure what I'll use it for but I can figure that out later. 

Im really not sure what's next on the list. I don't have any revolvers. I wouldn't mind having a 357. 

Im more of a used gun buyer so a lot of my purchases happen when I come across the right deal. 

I’ve always wanted a Henry Golden Boy even though I have no need for one.  I could use one in .22 for squirrels around the house but would probably buy one in .44 Mag instead.  For some reason I like the idea of a rifle that can shoot the same rounds as my hand cannon.

An actual rifle that I would use is a custom 6.5 Creedmore though if I start hunting deer west of MN again.

Of course there’s always fun stuff that can come along like this.

D47BE0B5-3B3A-492E-A910-BDB6627E802B.png.173b9e2920b4a2efa8f8d43b5b578803.png

11 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

For those of us who are gun owners it seems we are always looking at guns and salivating over the "next" gun we want to get our hands on.

What is that "next" gun for you?

For me, I don't have a lot of guns and I'm usually very practically minded when it comes to guns. I'm usually after something to do a specific job like an over-under for grouse or a rifle for deer but with growing sentiment for gun control laws in this country and state, I am considering something a bit less practical before it is too late. I know everyone now days wants an AR-15 and I also think they are cool to look at but not that practical in my mind for the things I want to do with it. Not to mention the money a good one can cost. You can laugh at me all you want but the next firearm I purchase will probably be a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm. I know, I know, Hi-Points are cheap guns, right? But I have a Hi-Point .45 pistol and I love the thing. It's big and ugly just like me and when you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. What more could you want for a sub $150 gun. The carbines can be had for under $300. No-brainer to me.

So, what is YOUR next gun?

hi_point__995TS_b.jpg

Dang I just sold my .45 carbine If I would of known you wanted one I would have gave you a good deal.

If anything hi point did right it is make a good carbine.

not pictures but had a red dot on it too fun gun

65D5C348-7A2F-42E0-AA4E-B9E2B012819B.jpeg

Edited by ZachD

Probably a Sig 220 in stainless. I like the Sig's, but not always the price.  Maybe, just for shi** and giggles,  a Bersa Thunder to pop cans with, if I can find a cheap used one. Need a few 9mm's; want to downgrade a tad from the .40 cals.....ammo is gettin' too spendy, and the carry guns seem to be gettin' too heavy.  Only 9mm I have left is the LC9S, and it's not one of my favorites. Just tucks and hides well.....

Image result for sig p220

DSC01100 (2).JPG

3 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

That thing shoots pop cans.

When I think of a N-MPLS gun, I think of the pistol version of BD's hi-point.  Brand new 9mm for like $120.

This would be a Hi Point N-MPLS gun:

hi pont dollar bill.jpg

For less than $200, this gun can be your too! :cool:

25 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Either a Taurus Judge or S&W Governor. I like the governor better much not sure it is worth the extra $$$

IMO, those guns are kind of a fun novelty anyway so I would have a hard time spending the $ on a S&W. I would rather buy the Taurus and another cheap gun with the same money, but that's just me.

26 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

That doesn't shoot .410 shells like the Judge or Governor, does it?

Nope.    .44 cal is big enough to do the job.  Even my .357 up there ^ shooting a 180 gr FMJ will punch out yer engine block.

If you pack rock salt into a .410 shell, like years ago,  does that make it an A SALT weapon? :scratch:

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

This would be a Hi Point N-MPLS gun:

hi pont dollar bill.jpg

For less than $200, this gun can be your too! :cool:

IF I passed the background check - right? ;)

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

What in God's name would you need a N-Mpls gun, up where you live now? :confused:  :P

For tossing beers around while ice fishing of course.  Maximizes my fishing time.

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Nope.    .44 cal is big enough to do the job.  Even my .357 up there ^ shooting a 180 gr FMJ will punch out yer engine block.

If you pack rock salt into a .410 shell, like years ago,  does that make it an A SALT weapon? :scratch:

Nope.... this is an A SALT gun

2 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

All I'm saying is that is usually the allure of those guns that shoot .45 or .410.

Yup.... during fall harvest and tillage I see a lot of varmits. Would be nice to have a few 410 rounds for some coons and a 45 colt for the yotes