Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Yep, I'll be hunting off an on during the season. Plan on hunting Saturday afternoon.

Edited by fr0sty

I’m debating if I’m gonna go this year.  The kids filled the freezer with several deer and there’s no snow on the ground for tracking so my motivation is off a little.  I did get so far as getting the smoke pole out and making sure it’s tuned up but I’d really rather keep chasing birds or spear a few pike.

Good luck all!

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I’m debating if I’m gonna go this year.  The kids filled the freezer with several deer and there’s no snow on the ground for tracking so my motivation is off a little.  I did get so far as getting the smoke pole out and making sure it’s tuned up but I’d really rather keep chasing birds or spear a few pike.

Good luck all!

ikr,  when you have kids putting deer in the freezer like me too. It's like just stay home all warm and cozy until Ice fishing! 

Suks getting old! :lol:

Edited by leech~~

30 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Suks getting old! :lol:

It does!

But we’re supposed to be wiser!  I gotta admit it’s a turning point in life when you can start counting on others to get things like that done.  

But that doesn’t mean I’m not out chasing.  I was in the duck boat yesterday and woulda been again today - or on the ice if we didn’t have round 2 of turkey day.

One thing from the weekend to be thankful for: the last deer was processed completely without my help!  The training finally paid off!!! :cool:

Been out a few times. Really slow. Very few deer seen. Need a good cold front with snow to get them moving in the daylight again...

Muzzy Season for me, is more like watching the property lines. I bring it out with me, I'll whack a big doe if I see one (the freezer is already full) it seems that once rifle season is over, folks think they  can run all over the county.

Hit it for the first time this season tonight and didn’t see a thing. Nice afternoon to be out there though. Did manage to catch a whole pile of geese coming out of a picked cornfield, that was pretty cool. 

On November 26, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Wanderer said:

Good luck all!

You sound like me.

My son got one during the gun season so I'm good on venison. I got powder and balls and shot the muzzleloader and went out and didn't see anything so I got bored and went grouse hunting instead and got two. I forgot how tedious deer hunting can be

18 hours ago, Siwulat said:

Did manage to catch a whole pile of geese coming out of a picked cornfield, that was pretty cool. 

This ^^^^^ is what I want!

Son got his first muzzleloader deer...pretty cool sitting in the stand with deer coming and going all day...he passed him the first time through but couldn't on the return trip...(: one more weekend to go! 

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

I still planned to shoot my ML some, even not going hunting.  Pretty much out of primers and getting low on white hots so I swung into the Baxter FF on my way to Winnie for the weekend.

They were completely out of primers and had just gotten restocked that day with propellants.  The counter guy said they went through a ton of ML supplies this year, owing the surge to scopes being allowed.  I bought some Buckhorn to try out and will have to get primers later.

Anyone with a last day story to tell?

We saw some good bucks this weekend but couldn't quite seal the deal on any of them...my son smoked his second one with the ML this afternoon after talking me in to going out when we should have been packing to leave for home...(: found a big deadhead this morning too...deer were super spooky but saw plenty...time to pack all the hunting gear away and focus on ice!! 

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

This was probably one of the most frustrating Muzzy seasons I can remember. There are lots of deer around. Cameras and tracks in the snow confirmed that. We just saw very few in the daylight. The properties we hunt do get hit pretty hard with the rifle guys, but usually with some snow/cold they will start to hit the food sources in the afternoons as the season progresses. But not this year. They would wait until about 5:30 before arriving on the food. Oh well we still had lots of fun. I will go out a few times yet with the bow. Still have a doe tag that would love to fill.

Edited by paceman