• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I’m debating if I’m gonna go this year.  The kids filled the freezer with several deer and there’s no snow on the ground for tracking so my motivation is off a little.  I did get so far as getting the smoke pole out and making sure it’s tuned up but I’d really rather keep chasing birds or spear a few pike.

Good luck all!

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I’m debating if I’m gonna go this year.  The kids filled the freezer with several deer and there’s no snow on the ground for tracking so my motivation is off a little.  I did get so far as getting the smoke pole out and making sure it’s tuned up but I’d really rather keep chasing birds or spear a few pike.

Good luck all!

ikr,  when you have kids putting deer in the freezer like me too. It's like just stay home all warm and cozy until Ice fishing! 

Suks getting old! :lol:

Edited by leech~~

30 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Suks getting old! :lol:

It does!

But we’re supposed to be wiser!  I gotta admit it’s a turning point in life when you can start counting on others to get things like that done.  

But that doesn’t mean I’m not out chasing.  I was in the duck boat yesterday and woulda been again today - or on the ice if we didn’t have round 2 of turkey day.

One thing from the weekend to be thankful for: the last deer was processed completely without my help!  The training finally paid off!!! :cool:

Muzzy Season for me, is more like watching the property lines. I bring it out with me, I'll whack a big doe if I see one (the freezer is already full) it seems that once rifle season is over, folks think they  can run all over the county.

On November 26, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Wanderer said:

Good luck all!

You sound like me.

My son got one during the gun season so I'm good on venison. I got powder and balls and shot the muzzleloader and went out and didn't see anything so I got bored and went grouse hunting instead and got two. I forgot how tedious deer hunting can be

I still planned to shoot my ML some, even not going hunting.  Pretty much out of primers and getting low on white hots so I swung into the Baxter FF on my way to Winnie for the weekend.

They were completely out of primers and had just gotten restocked that day with propellants.  The counter guy said they went through a ton of ML supplies this year, owing the surge to scopes being allowed.  I bought some Buckhorn to try out and will have to get primers later.

Anyone with a last day story to tell?

We saw some good bucks this weekend but couldn't quite seal the deal on any of them...my son smoked his second one with the ML this afternoon after talking me in to going out when we should have been packing to leave for home...(: found a big deadhead this morning too...deer were super spooky but saw plenty...time to pack all the hunting gear away and focus on ice!! 

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

This was probably one of the most frustrating Muzzy seasons I can remember. There are lots of deer around. Cameras and tracks in the snow confirmed that. We just saw very few in the daylight. The properties we hunt do get hit pretty hard with the rifle guys, but usually with some snow/cold they will start to hit the food sources in the afternoons as the season progresses. But not this year. They would wait until about 5:30 before arriving on the food. Oh well we still had lots of fun. I will go out a few times yet with the bow. Still have a doe tag that would love to fill.

Edited by paceman