• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Apple -chicken 'n cheese casserole

RebelSS

Reb's Apple-chicken 'n cheese Casserole

INGREDIENTS:

4 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened

3 medium-size apples, halved, cored, and sliced ( about 3 cups)

2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced (2 cups)

3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split

1/2  tsp coarse salt

1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

1/2 cup soarse-shredded Swiss cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs  (I like to use crushed mild seasoned croutons)

1/8 tsp dried thyme

1/8 dried rosemary

3 Tbsp  fresh apple cider

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 2- 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray

Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the apples and onions and saute until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes. Spoon into the baking dish.

Lightly spray chicken with cooking oil, then rub the chicken with the salt and pepper and place over the apple-onion mixture. Combine the cheeses with the bread crumbs, thyme , and rosemary and sprinkle the mixture over the chicken. Drizzle the apple cider over the cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the chicken is done. Enjoy! :)

I actually prefer Honeycrisp, because of the sweet/tart flavor. Sweet tango ain't bad either. The others get TOO mushy and seem to lose flavor. But, it's a personal preference. Someone'll whine about there are better baking apples.  Made my apple roast the other day with the Honeycrisp, but put it in the crockpot instead of the oven. Came up with this 6-7 yrs ago.  And there's even a picture of it, since words give you so much difficulty, leech. ;)

Reb's  Apple- pork roast

One boneless 2-3 lb Pork Butt Roast

Two cups  Fresh Apple Cider

Rosemary

Seasoned salt

Black pepper to taste

4 oz Cinnamon Apple Sauce (These are the “Snak Pak” size cups)

One  large Yellow Onion, sliced thin           

Marinate the roast in the cider in a Zip-Loc bag, in the fridge, for 6-8 hours, turning frequently.

Place roast in a greased baking dish, with some of the marinade. Sprinkle liberally with seasonings and lightly with the Rosemary.  Place thin layer of onions on top. Pour apple sauce over top. Put in a 300* oven for 45 mns to one hour, uncovered.  Cover and cook  for30- 45 mns- longer or until meat thermometer registers 155-160*. Do not overcook. Let sit covered for 15 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!  ;D

DSC03778.JPG

11 hours ago, RebelSS said:

What picture problem?

The missing one that people usually put up when they post a food thread. To show if the Gloop they are posting a recipe for is worth reproducing. Looks like you already have it in a garbage bag so.......     That picture! ;)

No pic rules that I know of....this IS the food thread, also used for posting recipes. Not everyone posts pics. I usually do, a lot of others don't. Was riffling thru my recipes and decided to post that one for others enjoyment...but it seems there's always some negative blathering on this site, isn't there?

53 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

No pic rules that I know of....this IS the food thread, also used for posting recipes. Not everyone posts pics. I usually do, a lot of others don't. Was riffling thru my recipes and decided to post that one for others enjoyment...but it seems there's always some negative blathering on this site, isn't there?

Relax don't poop a truffle!  Pictures just help give better idea of all your wonderful cooking. :)

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Relax don't poop a truffle!  Pictures just help give better idea of all your wonderful cooking. :)

If I  could poop a truffle.....nah. Never mind.  I'll call it danged good cooking, but not wonderful. Thanks anyway. :)    

I wish, Del!  I wanna have some good stuff around to munch on for turkey day.  Prefer turkey, but....that's another story. 

45 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Holy  Cow Reb.  You gonna eat that for a week?   or do you have all the NL coming over for an orgy/dinner?

Del, speaking of Holy. You may want to stop at the Lords house this Thanksgiving weekend and get right.

You post Dilly-dos on one thread and now your talking Orgy's.  :crazy:  Your on a backslide my friend. :(

Edited by leech~~

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

Del, speaking of Holy. You may want to stop at the Lords house this Thanksgiving weekend and get right.  You post a my-mom-sees-this deal on one thread and now your talking Orgy's.  :crazy:  Your on a backslide my friend. :(

And chickens butts!!  :P

40 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Del, speaking of Holy. You may want to stop at the Lords house this Thanksgiving weekend and get right.

You post Dilly-dos on one thread and now your talking Orgy's.  :crazy:  Your on a backslide my friend. :(

Was there Sunday.  Does that count?   Not me that's having the orgy.  Way too old for that stuff.  Now reb.... He was so much older then, he's younger than that now. 

PS there should be an apostrophe in Lord's house, unless of course you are polytheistic.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.... :P

Edited by delcecchi

50 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Was there Sunday.  Does that count?   Not me that's having the orgy.  Way too old for that stuff.  Now reb.... He was so much older then, he's younger than that now. 

PS there should be an apostrophe in Lord's house, unless of course you are polytheistic.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.... :P

why the edit???  for the apostrophe?????

That's just Del. Apostrophe shows possession. Means "belonging to or of the Lord". But, it's not in the name of the hospital here...St. Marys.....that's a different story, and I know the answer. Sister Generose told me one day.....really. Gets confusing.

39 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Dilly-do???! Who's Dilly? Who they do??!  I best just pass on this one....must be a Del thing.....

Good God, I feel like I'm talking to Big Dave about God over here! I can't type the word for you as the site will change it.

D-I-L-D-O  Del posted a meme about them. ;)  Ok, now go all the way back up a few posts and see if it all fits for you now!  :lol:

Edited by leech~~

27 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Good God, I feel like I'm talking to Big Dave about God over here! I can't type the word for you as the site will change it.

D-I-L-D-O  Del posted a meme about them. ;)  Ok, now go all the way back up a few posts and see if it all fits for you now!  :lol:

He posted about WHAT??!??!! In my cooking thread???!?!!!  Where??!!! I'll have at him!!!!!