• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Roast beef

Mike89

6 hours ago, Getanet said:

Not exactly roast beef, but Reinhard1's recipe for a chuck roast seemed to be an HSO favorite many moons ago:

Check his web sight which caused him to get expelled from HSO many moons ago.... It has all his recipes and info on it.  

www dot sausage heaven outdoors dot com   with a http:// and some deleted spaces you will be golden. 

43 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Check his web sight which caused him to get expelled from HSO many moons ago.... It has all his recipes and info on it.  

www dot sausage heaven outdoors dot com   with a http:// and some deleted spaces you will be golden. 

I thought he just got mad and took his ball and went home? Didn't he do that at least a time or 2? I do miss Reinhardt though....

26 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I thought he just got mad and took his ball and went home? Didn't he do that at least a time or 2? I do miss Reinhardt though....

Yeah, I think the first time was after too many people made fun of Michelle Bachmann. 

Too bad. He had some great old school knowledge of sausages and butchering in general. 

29 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Reinhardt's skin was about as thick as sausage casing, it was after Obama got re-elected and the realization that he couldn't howl from his deer stand after Romney's victory. That's when he left, so it's been a while.

He was a good dude with a lot of experience in a variety of things.

A lot of folks are missed around these parts.

Sorry Charlie.  Way I heard it, the lords didn't like him having a plug for his sight in his .sig so he moved on, like many of the cooking folks did to another place.   I am there too, so come on over....  Just leave the politics here.  

10 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Sorry Charlie.  Way I heard it, the lords didn't like him having a plug for his sight in his .sig so he moved on, like many of the cooking folks did to another place.   I am there too, so come on over....  Just leave the politics here.  

I think we are both kinda right, I'm pretty positive that he saddled up and rode out of Sillytown at that time to never return. But he did come back to the cooking forum, a quick search confirms that. And when in somebodies house, ya gotta play by their rules. You have to adjust, just like in life. I have had the banhammer brought down on me a couple times and  have been a moderator. That takes some talent. lol :)

I've said it before, Sillytown is the only place in my life that I deal with politics. I find it entertaining in the context here. There is not a single political post by me on my Facebook feed. You should lighten up a tad Del, then maybe I and others wouldn't pick on you as much. Enjoy the good eats coming up next week Del.

Duff

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Del is partially correct. Don't know really if it had anything to do with his site. It had a whole lot to do with a few people all of a sudden coming into the cooking thread/ forum and deciding that group was having to much fun and criticizing the group for it. That good morning thread was just for that. 

That good morning thread was for run amuck posts, some of the gods here just didn't get it.

34 minutes ago, rundrave said:

And this thread is a prime example of threads getting derailed and off topic.

lots of people also complained to staff about threads getting hijacked by the same users

anybody have any other roast beef recipes to contribute?

But the dump in sillytown is OK???:/ this is a prime example of why people left.

And I didn't mean to derail this thread, somebody asked about my bedtime eating habits.

I view message boards like real life conversations, and when do conversations truly stay on topic 100% of the time?

And speaking of, seemingly all online forums have seen a decline in participation in the last couple of years, it's not just here at HSO.

Can't truly put my finger on the reason why, but it is what it is.

The world is continually changing.

Sorry that I can't contribute much here in the cooking forum, that's what women are for. LOL

Kidding ladies, calm your teats down. ;)

Edited by Duffman

I still think sous vide is the ticket if you want the lean roast to be tender, juicy, and pink . 

(must resist temptation to insert inappropriate remark here)

Next I think I will try the accelerated simulated dry aging where the meat is brushed with fish sauce before sealing in the bag and going in the refrigerator, and then held at 103 for an hour or so (not too long) in the bath before cooking at 130.  

Edited by delcecchi

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I still think sous vide is the ticket if you want the lean roast to be tender, juicy, and pink . 

(must resist temptation to insert inappropriate remark here)

Next I think I will try the accelerated simulated dry aging where the meat is brushed with fish sauce before sealing in the bag and going in the refrigerator, and then held at 103 for an hour or so (not too long) in the bath before cooking at 130.  

Yer gonna be blowin' chunks one of these days, Delbert. Why not just an easy overnight marinade, then in the crackpot on low, and lift that lid a few times to keep the heat low? I always pull mine at 4-5 hours on LOW, not the 6-8 they say. I have about 155* internal and still pinkish at that, and I have 3 different crackpots I use. Never had it fail in oh, ten or fifteen years.....maybe because I always do a top round or rump, instead of an arm or chuck. You DO  occasionally get a tougher one, that has a lot of sinew in it, that's why I eyeball mine so carefully. (working 2 yrs at the butcher shop helped, too) I always let it sit in a covered glass dish for 10-15 mns before I start slicing away....

On 11/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, smurfy said:

Del is partially correct. Don't know really if it had anything to do with his site. It had a whole lot to do with a few people all of a sudden coming into the cooking thread/ forum and deciding that group was having to much fun and criticizing the group for it. That good morning thread was just for that. 

Reinhardt was long gone before all of that business happened I think?

18 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

There's really no wrong way of doing a roast if ya ask me, it's all personal preference. Crockpot,  roaster, oven or boiled (del) . Although I do enjoy throwing cold smoke this time of year at a roast before it hits the roaster!!:D

That would be the icing on the cak....er, roast!  :P

12 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Reinhardt was long gone before all of that business happened I think?

Actually Dave he and alot of others left when limitout came in a pushed his wieght around. And I am pretty sure they locked the original good morning thread.

21 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Actually Dave he and alot of others left when limitout came in a pushed his wieght around. And I am pretty sure they locked the original good morning thread.

I'm fairly certain that Reinhardt was already gone.....but, whatever.

7 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I'm fairly certain that Reinhardt was already gone.....but, whatever.

He was gone from sillytown a while before that. I think whoever said it was after either the 2008 or 2011 elections was correct in regards to S.T. 

He did come back and was active on the cooking forum and then Lmit went into hyper troll mode on him and he left. 

Yep, you're right pf.. he hung in until the night of the  mods duking it out. It's too bad really. Well since this thread has already been hi jacked,  I don't feel bad. Took a 3# roast out and sliced it up into steaks. They are marinating now... I'll show pics later. :D

34 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

He was gone from sillytown a while before that. I think whoever said it was after either the 2008 or 2011 elections was correct in regards to S.T. 

He did come back and was active on the cooking forum and then Lmit went into hyper troll mode on him and he left. 

Him and a whole lot of others. I got thick skin so don't take to much here real serious.

Edited by smurfy