• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster 40V Auger - Now w/Reverse

ZacAttack0201

Was at Cabela's in Rogers, MN this morning and they were starting to bring out all their ice fishing gear.  That got me pretty excited in general, but when I saw the new Strikemaster Lithium 40V auger with reverse I was even more excited.  I've got the original 40V lithium and it has been great - for anyone looking at a new auger this season I'd highly recommend this new version of the auger based off my experience with the old version.

First ice will be here soon and it's going to be great!

I'm a hardcore electric auger guy, my 2 Ion's have been foolproof but if I was to do it over today I would go with the K Drill. I always have a drill for raising and lowering my winches anyway.

On 10/4/2017 at 3:15 PM, CamozKool said:

I heard you get two batteries with the Strikemaster Lithium this year, that would be like a 200 dollar freebie...

Anyone else hear that??

Yes, you get 2 batteries.  It looks like the charger and batteries are setup like a traditional drill battery charger.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:16 PM, rl_sd said:

The faulty switch in their first gen lithium didn't help either

The faulty switch was no big deal.  I never had any issues with it and the claim was that the switch wouldn't shut off if you let go - I get it's inconvenient and I'm not saying it is safe, but don't be an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly - unplug the battery to power down the unit.  Also, for free Strikemaster either swapped the switch out or offered to buy back the unit for full MSRP (in Rapala gift card).

I'm a little biased due to the superb customer service I've gotten out of strikemaster in the past.  I lost the charger for my first gen lithium and they sent me a brand new one for no cost and no questions asked.  All in all, I'd recommend at least checking the new units out before bashing them.  The true test will come this winter when people starting putting the unit through the ringer.