• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda Extended Run Tank Setup

Nordern

9 hours ago, Nordern said:

Looking for info on a simple extended run kit for my Honda 200i.  Anyone made their own that works?  And what you need to look out for during operation.

Thank you in advance for the input.

Take and look at the B.e.r.g.s extended run tank system. I bought a 6 gallon bergs system & I also made an extended run tank system.

What I found out was by the time I bought a marine tank, hose, extended run fuel cap, and a qwik connect coupler and fittings I had about has much into it has the b.e.r.g.s. system. 

if you want to do it super cheap, get an extended run tank fuel cap on the ama of the zon with the brass hose fitting. then get a cheap clear tube to put on it. then just use a regular gas can and put the hose in it.

Go to the bay and buy an aluminum cap for the generator, get a couple gas fittings and a tank and put a rubber gas hose between them. Don't try to make it fancy with primers,filters, quick connects, or anything else, those are just more spots for air/vacuum leaks. Also stay away from clear gas tube as it hardens up fast.    JMHO though

It should work with the Honda. The Honda has a fuel pump so it will pull fuel to the Ginny out of the tank.

If you have a yamaha, champion, or other brand they are gravity fed and would need an extended run tank and hose you could gravity feed fuel from. 

Just a regular red gas can with the hose touching bottom is all you need with the Honda.