• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Daylillys

Moon Lake Refuge

Anyone have any ideas on getting rid of these suckers?  They are growing along a 75 foot fence and they are resilient little suckers.  So far roundup failed me.  Killed everything around it but not the daylillys.  I'm hesitant to dig them up as if you miss much of any of the root they will grow back.... And its a lot to dig.  Next plan is to cut them down to the ground then use a mix of roundup and black plastic over the top next spring to try and starve them out.  Any other options?

25 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

What have you got against daylilies?  

Roundup in the spring when actively growing maybe?   

I keep getting grass and weeds growing up the middle of them.  I like a decent lawn but as far as gardens and plants I'm a shrub guy.  I dont like a ton of maintenance.  I think that's the plan. . Roundup in the soil and black tarp over the top.  Boarders my neighbors yard though so I'm hesitant to put to much down.  I was more some hoping for some one to say "Well gee, they just came out with an extremely effective weed killer that kills daylillies and nothing else!!!"

Why would I need to drink? I can just follow the nutcases scattered around on this site. In case ya weren't aware, the VC were called "creeping charlie", cuz that's what they'd do at nite in their black jammies on their slither patrols. Now go buy a jug of something, go spray yer head to kill off yer goofy thoughts, and have an in-depth convo with yer dawg.  ;)

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Why would I need to drink? I can just follow the nutcases scattered around on this site. In case ya weren't aware, the VC were called "creeping charlie", cuz that's what they'd do at nite in their black jammies on their slither patrols. Now go buy a jug of something, go spray yer head to kill off yer goofy thoughts, and have an in-depth convo with yer dawg.  ;)

Hey dang it, I watch the PBS Nam show Duff suggested. I know albout them there creepy jammy crawlers!  I was laughfin which you not at ya krunuclehead! :D

Don't matter to me what ya were laughin' at. Laugh at anyone ya want on here. Free country. Lots to pick from. They'll all turn and bite ya in the azz on here anyway. I learned to shoot those type first, and don't worry about it later. Worry about #1 first and #1 last. Screw the rest.