• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best place to buy Honda 2000i generator

castmaster

Where's the best place to buy a Honda 2000i generator. I know it's a factory set price for the most part but remembered in the past some local "mom and pops" had them a bit cheaper. Would prefer to give my business to a small business anyway. 

I'm in the south metro if that matters at all, but willing to drive.

I saved about $200 by picking up a used one.  It was a clean unit, just a couple minor scratches on the side.  It's been flawless.

I knew what I was looking for and when I found it I was there within hours.  That is the game when you're looking to save money on those generators.

I've never seen a retail sale on them worth going out of the way for.  

I know your wanting a Honda. I picked up a used Honda and fixed it up. Had about $500 into it. Everyone was bragging Honda up so I thought I was missing out on something with my Champion 2000 inverter. After I tested them both out, I sold the Honda for $650. I paid $425 for the champion new, and the only difference I could tell was that the champion generator is gravity fed like a yamaha 2000, vs having a fuel pump like the Honda. So I just  have to gravity feed from the extended run tank. 

On another note about the best price I've seen on a new Honda 2000 is $799. 

If you find a deal use whatever you saved to buy/make an extended run tank.  Things are worth their weight in gold.  Nothing better than ripping the starter cord once and never having to worry about it the rest of the weekend.  Delchcchi made a good point as well about having a place locally who is able to do warranty work.  Honda's notoriously are well built and I've never had a problem with mine but you never know. 

On 9/25/2017 at 9:35 PM, Agronomist_at_IA said:

I know your wanting a Honda. I picked up a used Honda and fixed it up. Had about $500 into it. Everyone was bragging Honda up so I thought I was missing out on something with my Champion 2000 inverter. After I tested them both out, I sold the Honda for $650. I paid $425 for the champion new, and the only difference I could tell was that the champion generator is gravity fed like a yamaha 2000, vs having a fuel pump like the Honda. So I just  have to gravity feed from the extended run tank. 

On another note about the best price I've seen on a new Honda 2000 is $799. 

Whereabouts did you see them for $799? Best I've found so far is $899. Saving another $100 would be great!

Our local bomgaars store in town had them three weeks ago on sale for $799. Cheapest I ever saw them. Now the sale is off and they are $899. 

I was kinda suprised When I sold my fixed up used one a lady drove like 2hrs to buy it for $650......that's when the sale os $799 was going on in town for $799.