Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Big Dave2

Bama

Recommended Posts

We don't get many channels at the cabin, but this game was on. Now we have full blown Birmingham Bama relies that all they talk about is this...(wheres the puke moji).  We let them know we always cheer for the opposing team..:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

We don't get many channels at the cabin, but this game was on. Now we have full blown Birmingham Bama relies that all they talk about is this...(wheres the puke moji).  We let them know we always cheer for the opposing team..:lol:

 

 

jealousy alabama saban.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paceman said:

A great early season victory!

Yes. While #1 was playing #3, the Gophers were playing the Buffalo Bulls.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least the Gophers have the grand distinction of being the underdogs to Oregon St.:crazy:

The direction of our program is pointing up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobberineyes said:

Way da go smurf.... Where's the popcorn moji!!

What???;):grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, doesn't hold much interest for me no matter who plays.  Haven't watched a bowl game in years as they are all completely meaningless. 

 

Maybe if they get around to fixing the system I'd start watching.  Frankly I don't even know why 75% of the schools in the country bother fielding a football team when they have zero chance at contending for a title no matter how good they are. Personally I say scrap the entire bowl system and use the games and time to host a true playoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Anyone watching the game tonight?

I am more concerned about what kind of feast you are preparing while you root on your team. I could care less about the game. If I see its close I might watch the finish lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rundrave said:

I am more concerned about what kind of feast you are preparing while you root on your team. I could care less about the game. If I see its close I might watch the finish lol

 

Ha, You will be dissapointed in my feast because it is just going to be Pizza Corner frozen pizza and maybe some hot wings. Too tough to prepare a whole shin-dig on a Monday night.

6 minutes ago, nofishfisherman said:

Meh, doesn't hold much interest for me no matter who plays.  Haven't watched a bowl game in years as they are all completely meaningless. 

 

Maybe if they get around to fixing the system I'd start watching.  Frankly I don't even know why 75% of the schools in the country bother fielding a football team when they have zero chance at contending for a title no matter how good they are. Personally I say scrap the entire bowl system and use the games and time to host a true playoff. 

 

In your opinion, what would a "true" playoff look like in a league with 129 teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two best teams aren't even in the playoff. So this is a playoff for the 3rd best team in the country.

 

The opinions of the playoff selection committee are no better than anyone else's.

 

In my opinion Ohio State and Wisconsin are both better than Alabama or Georgia.

 

If you disagree, well, that's your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rick said:

The two best teams aren't even in the playoff. So this is a playoff for the 3rd best team in the country.

 

The opinions of the playoff selection committee are no better than anyone else's.

 

In my opinion Ohio State and Wisconsin are both better than Alabama or Georgia.

 

If you disagree, well, that's your opinion.

 

I'm assuming from past discussions on this subject that you are in favor of a playoff system as well, right? That gives more weight to head-to-head match ups vs. arbitrary rankings, correct? If so, Wisconsin was beaten by Ohio State who was beaten by Oklahoma who was beaten by Georgia. Sounds like the right team is in there to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure both Georgia and Oklahoma were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams. And....

 

Let's not forget, Auburn beat both Alabama and Georgia. So using your forumula only Auburn should have made it...oh wait......Auburn was beat by LSU who was beat by Troy Ouch!!! :) 

 

Give us the Big 5 Conference Champions and 3 top at large conference Champions.

 

NOT 2 stinking SEC teams who were beat by Auburn because those making the opinionated decision have their own interests.

 

So I stand by Ohio State and Wisconsin as being better teams than Alabama or Georgia. The winner of this game is for no 3 Nationally as far as I'm concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'm pretty sure both Georgia and Oklahoma were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams who were beaten by teams. And....

 

Let's not forget, Auburn beat both Alabama and Georgia. So using your forumula only Auburn should have made it...oh wait......Auburn was beat by LSU who was beat by Troy Ouch!!! :) 

 

Give us the Big 5 Conference Champions and 3 top at large conference Champions.

 

NOT 2 stinking SEC teams who were beat by Auburn because those making the opinionated decision have their own interests.

 

So I stand by Ohio State and Wisconsin as being better teams than Alabama or Georgia. The winner of this game is for no 3 Nationally as far as I'm concerned. 

 

You think the 2 best teams in the country are Ohio State and Wisconsin? No bias there, huh? At least you could have thrown in UCF to give your argument at least a shred of credibility. 

 

Do you think Clemson deserved to be there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now