Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
JBMasterAngler

Gopher Nation

Recommended Posts

Well, the P.J. Fleck era didn't start out with the bang most had hoped. Was definitely less than thrilling win. They looked rough around the edges on both sides of the ball. On offense, they just couldn't seem to turn it up that next gear. However, it sure was nice to see a QB that throws  a tight spiral and hits the receivers in the numbers! I give the edge to Croft, but it will be interesting to see what Fleck does next week. Hopefully the kicker got his head back after making that last field goal. Oregon State gave up 57 points last week, so we'll see if the gophers worked out all their kinks and look better against the beavers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time the Gophers actually handled, let alone blew away a team they should have? That was an impressive win against a team they obviously should have beaten. Last year they only beat them by 3 pts AT HOME! That was also with a significant number of seniors on the roster.

I admit PJ is a little hard to digest at times, but this hire could certainly be the shot in the arm that this program needed.

Not punching a ticket for the Rose Bowl yet, but he could bring these guys to the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 8:19 AM, CaptainMusky said:

When was the last time the Gophers actually handled, let alone blew away a team they should have? That was an impressive win against a team they obviously should have beaten. Last year they only beat them by 3 pts AT HOME! That was also with a significant number of seniors on the roster.

I admit PJ is a little hard to digest at times, but this hire could certainly be the shot in the arm that this program needed.

Not punching a ticket for the Rose Bowl yet, but he could bring these guys to the next level.

If you have not seen the show, Being Pj Fleck its worth a watch.  Made me a believer in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hoppe56307 said:

If you have not seen the show, Being Pj Fleck its worth a watch.  Made me a believer in him.

Yep, I saw the episodes. It certainly changed my view that it was an "act". That is how he always is, certainly not an act. I am hopeful he can bring this program to relevancy. I would be happy with BigTen titles and a shot at a top tier bowl game in a few years.

Some interesting developments yesterday with Croft. I wonder what went down there, but as of right now, not only was Rhoda named the starter, but Croft isn't even with the team. Hmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hoppe56307 said:

If you have not seen the show, Being Pj Fleck its worth a watch.  Made me a believer in him.

 

53 minutes ago, CaptainMusky said:

Yep, I saw the episodes. It certainly changed my view that it was an "act". That is how he always is, certainly not an act. I am hopeful he can bring this program to relevancy. I would be happy with BigTen titles and a shot at a top tier bowl game in a few years.

Some interesting developments yesterday with Croft. I wonder what went down there, but as of right now, not only was Rhoda named the starter, but Croft isn't even with the team. Hmm

Was it like this:

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even close.  He was actually getting in on the players drills and putting a lot of effort in to it, not just screaming.  There is one clip is of him doing a fumble recovery drill and trying so hard to strip the player of the ball he was lifting them off the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a middle age man PJ's shtick gets old real quick. The high school version of me would have thought he was pretty cool and probably a lot of fun to play for. Whether it's an act or his real personality, whenever he's in front of a camera his message isn't intended for me, it's aimed at recruits.

I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach, but I certainly hope he can take the program to a level we haven't been before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Getanet said:

As a middle age man PJ's shtick gets old real quick. The high school version of me would have thought he was pretty cool and probably a lot of fun to play for. Whether it's an act or his real personality, whenever he's in front of a camera his message isn't intended for me, it's aimed at recruits.

I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach, but I certainly hope he can take the program to a level we haven't been before.

 

Thankfully the run on middle-aged men playing College football is a infinitesimal sample size. I don't think you will have to worry about whether or not you would mesh with Fleck as your coach. :-)

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, hoppe56307 said:

Not even close.  He was actually getting in on the players drills and putting a lot of effort in to it, not just screaming.  There is one clip is of him doing a fumble recovery drill and trying so hard to strip the player of the ball he was lifting them off the ground.

I also liked when the player thought he could outrun PJ in a drill and PJ called him out on it. They did the drill, PJ lost and he said "best 2 of 3". Lost again! LOL This was a big one-just-like-silly-me lineman and PJ is pretty dang fast at his own right.

He also lined up as wide out on a play to show the player exactly how he wanted the reverse run. At full speed no less.

It may be corny, old, annoying for us old guys, but I think this will work for the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun game to watch today. Dominant run game! Take aways on defense! Too bad we have a bi week now. Maryland game should be interesting. Could either be a high scoring shootout, or we expose the terps' offense (my preference).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, snagfinder said:

Ya its so fun watching them hand off on every play. Maybe learn how to throw the ball against these teams cause their  gonna have to starting soon. 

You must watch too much pro football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Posts

    •     When I said "we" I meant Leech, Duff and myself. You guys weren't in the conversation and I just got roasted for including someone in a convo that they didn't choose to be in. 
    • It depends on your dish.  Your finding a satellite not a service provider.  Shouldn't be any more difficult.  Our dish syncs up by itself in under a minute.  If your doing it manually it shouldn't be much different.  Point your signal meter, aim the dish and turn on the box.
    • Actually we weren't all kids..  I graduated High School in 64.    Did my time painting rocks, peeling potatoes, and writing code in California at Fort Ord and Hunter Liggett Military Reservation.    So far, the show seems a little one sided.   But that could be just me.   It doesn't seem to talk much about the bad deeds of the VC and NVA.  
    • Well, I sure as shoot wasn't born.   And wasn't there a lot of reporting total bologna?  Inflating the numbers of enemy dead and talking about what a great success we were having over there. The pbs documentary is pretty interesting.  But Ken burns can make anything interesting.
    • I am looking at hooking up a side arm heat exchanger to my hot water heater this fall. I am not familiar with them but I understand the mechanics. Does anyone have a brand or type that they are willing to recommend? I am currently looking at a 38" SS model fin enhanced model. Thanks in advance!
    • Not that big of a difference, we were all kids. Are you mad that my trolling effort hooked one already and yours didn't? 
    • I still haven't "Pulled the Trigger" on this but my question still is, If I get standard package, (no Hopper or recording) and I drive out on Lake of the Woods and drop the house will I be able to have the dish on the house and find the satellite signal in 30 seconds with Dish like I can with Direct ? Or not so easy..
    • Actually, Joe Mauer is 16th in batting average this year. Of those 16 players:
      Only 2 Have less RBI
      Only 1 has a worse SLG %
      None have less stolen bases
      None have less HR's
      NONE make more $$$.
    • Dave, big diff between a baby (Duff) and young teen (leech) to young to fight but not to watch what's going on in the world at the time.  I know you just started you morning troll!  Good luck fishing!
    • We just have it at the lake.   I could be wrong about the 5 bucks, as it was from memory of last year.   But I figure they want or need something to keep me in their system.    Having a subscription in two locations would be different.   I have never done that, although have considered it. 
  • Our Sponsors