• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Annoying, unwanted Skype pop-up!

Which os?

I notice on Windows 10 if you bring up task manager (ctl alt del and click on task manager) it has a tab for "startup" that lists a bunch of stuff that (seems like) runs at startup.   Easy place to look...

Otherwise perhaps something like spybot-S&D or malware bytes might be worth a try. 

If skype is installed on your computer you could uninstall it and see if the pop up goes away.   Could be something it does as it starts.  

Edited by delcecchi

Right click and task manager is there...at least on my Windows 10. Shortcut is also on bottom lower right menu bar...

I had the same thing for a bit too...but just on this goofy site. Sure seems to be a whale of a lot of that on here for some reason. I run Malware bites, too. 

Thanks guys. Yeah I've been all over, Ran Malware bites nothing. Can't find it in Undelete listed. Was on Manage Add-on's but I could not do anything with it.  Not showing on All programs list?  It's a Sign-on page that comes up at start up but I don't need or want to use it. So need to find out how to delete the popup?  Auug! :angry:

2 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

At start up of what?  The browser or the computer?   I thought it was computer but maybe browser?  

Good point, the computer first thing.  Oh and it's Windows 7

Edited by leech~~

8 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Do you have skype installed on the computer?

any version?

If I look at the Uninstall or change programs list it is not showing. If I go to manage your internet explore add-ons it is showing under Microsoft Corp File date as of April 12 2016? But all I can do is Enable or Disable it from there?

Edited by leech~~

May have appeared with your Windows auto-update as pre-installed bloatware. I got 3 of those for skype on my new windows 10 updates from Microsoft. I just right-clicked and hit "delete these"....may not be same on yours. Since I did that, no more Skype hype...

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

May have appeared with your Windows auto-update as pre-installed bloatware. I got 3 of those for skype on my new windows 10 updates from Microsoft. I just right-clicked and hit "delete these"....may not be same on yours. Since I did that, no more Skype hype...

I also have 3 listings for it but they are shaded out and I can't seem to do anything with them? Not sure if I have to sign on for it then delete once it's active maybe? Sure hate being made to do that! :angry:

1 hour ago, Jim Almquist said:

Click on the round circle in the lower left and in the search type msconfig and hit enter. Go to the start up tab and see if you see skype and disable it.

Jim looked though them all. It's not showing on the lists. Everything on the lists shows a date of 2014 when we bought the PC.

Man it's seem like you guys are giving some good edvice just not sure what this thing is hiding or can be deleted.  Again, as Del asked. It comes up on the screen and icons on the bottom tool bar right when the PC is trued on and before I hit Goggle search.

1 hour ago, bobberineyes said:

Don't let the pc get the best of ya leech,  turn it off and go fishing..;)

Well I hit the Swap meet and did some fiberglass repair on the old sleigh I picked up, in between banging the PC!! :(