• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your first sled?

leech~~

4 hours ago, RebelSS said:

I suppose yer expecting a blow-by-blow dissertation on his winter pre-rigging tactics, along with a complete breakdown of mechanical pre-service and test run specification checks?  Maybe Big Dave can provide hot snacks while you two nosh over the particulars.....

Oh helll no. I have "faith" the Duff keeps his gear in good working order! Just didn't know if he still had it to do a little sled-porty fishing this winter?  ;)

Edited by leech~~

16 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Oh, that's good to know! Say, that checkered chump on yer vintage cat...that ain't Art! isn't that the big mouth Hugh from Ice Road Truckers??

Not sure? That's one of them internet find pictures. Might be BigDave? :grin:

1 minute ago, roony said:

Image result for herters snowmobile for saleMy dad bought a Herter's in 1970. Had a blast riding that thing. It worked best when the temp was below zero and I was going downhill.

That thing is sweet!  True Art!  :)

The pic was an internet find. There are probably some old pics of the sled at my mothers but this was easier. I can honestly say I had the most fun with this snowmobile of any I ever rode. I'm kind of looking for a vintage sled to tinker with this winter. We had a neighbor with a ski-whiz. It was fun in those days.

Edited by roony

1 minute ago, roony said:

The pic was an internet find. There are probably some old pics of the sled at my mothers but this was easier. I can honestly say I had the most fun with this snowmobile of any I ever rode. I'm kind of looking for a vintage sled to tinker with this winter. We had a neighbor with a ski-whiz. It was fun in those days.

Just look in the back of any barn. :D

25 minutes ago, roony said:

Old iron was fun to ride, but I don't have to many fillings left in my teeth! :lol:

7 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Can you leave Art out of this?! :P  Wow, forgot about the old Herter's sleds, Roony!! Great pic!

Remember the old Massey whizzers? And who can forget Chuck Connors for Scorpion? ;)

PC060007_001.JPG

744f46df6d4205a6934463a8a9476a1e--snow-machine-snowmobiles.jpg

I had one of those Brutt's back in the day. That thing was fast if you were going straight. It didn't have any foot wells so a ruff ditch was a dam. But in the long run I wish I still had it. 

19 hours ago, fishingstar said:

Image result for rupp snowmobile pictures

I got this for Christmas when I was in fifth grade. Rode the dump out of that sled.

After I fried a piston on the TNT 400 Freeair I rebuilt it and sold it. I then got a Rupp Yankee  with a 40hp 440 motor in it. The little thing flew but had a short track so was all over the trails!

The plastic side planes would crack in the cold and were all must impossible to find! :(

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

After I fried a piston on the TNT 400 Freeair I rebuilt it and sold it. I then got a Rupp Yankee  with a 40hp 440 motor in it. The little thing flew but had a short track so was all over the trails!

The plastic side planes would crack in the cold and were all must impossible to find! :(

how many times did you hit a big drift or a driveway and the side panels start flopping?  

2 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

1971 AC Puma with the 399 Koehler. It was a mint condition barn find that we had to put crank seals in. The sled still sits in the barn, and I have been very tempted to pull it out and get it going again. Sled pictured is not mine but is identical  

71pumakohler0y1.jpg

That at was about 22 years ago. Since then I have had a slurry of sleds....74 Chapparal 292, 76 panther 440, 86 Formula MX 470, 99 XC 600. Current sleds are a 2006 Polaris Fusion 600 and a 2006 Ski Doo GTX 600

Shees, you sound like me over the years. 4 Ski doo's, 1 Rupp, 1 Yamaha, 3 Polaris's and now a Arctic Cat. :lol:

It would be fun to list all old snowmobiles everybody has had over the years.

74 rupp sport, 73 brutt 29 ,75 rupp nitro 440, 83 yamaha ss440, 81 arctic cat el tigre, 89 yamaha srv, 94 arctic cat jag, 95 arctic cat cougar 550, 92 arctic cat ext 550 97 arctic cat puma 340, current sleds 2 arctic cat zl 550 2000 arctic cat zr 500.

I hate to say it but we are are selling my wife's and mine this fall. My wife has had back surgery and should not ride any more. We will keep one for the boys. It has been fun over the years and as I'm typing this I'm having second thoughts. My be some day I will get a newer better riding sled.

49 minutes ago, fishingstar said:

74 rupp sport, 73 brutt 29 ,75 rupp nitro 440, 83 yamaha ss440, 81 arctic cat el tigre, 89 yamaha srv, 94 arctic cat jag, 95 arctic cat cougar 550, 92 arctic cat ext 550 97 arctic cat puma 340, current sleds 2 arctic cat zl 550 2000 arctic cat zr 500.

I hate to say it but we are are selling my wife's and mine this fall. My wife has had back surgery and should not ride any more. Maybe some day I will get a newer better riding sled.

Same here. I had to. Back surgery did me in. This new one rides great and gets thru the drifts pretty darned good. :grin:

DSC02133.JPG

1 hour ago, fishingstar said:

I hate to say it but we are are selling my wife's and mine this fall. My wife has had back surgery and should not ride any more. We will keep one for the boys. It has been fun over the years and as I'm typing this I'm having second thoughts. My be some day I will get a newer better riding sled.

Boys=2 sleds.  :grin:

Moto Ski Capri 250 think 71 or 72. Had the rubber cleated track on it. My dads friend gave it to me because I would drool over his El Tigre 5000. Then it went to a Yamaha GP338, 1980 Scorpion TK440, 1989 Polaris Indy 500, 1993 Polaris XLT 580, 2001 Yamaha SXR 700, 1980 Yamaha Enticer 340 (kids), 1989 Yamaha Exciter 570, 1994 EXT 550, and now a 1998 ZL 500.

6 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Same here. I had to. Back surgery did me in. This new one rides great and gets thru the drifts pretty darned good. :grin:

DSC02133.JPG

No one wants to see your Tar roller!! :angry:

Nice truck though! :)