• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your first sled?

leech~~

When I was about 15 my dad scraped up about $300 bucks (lot's of cash back then) for him to buy me a beat up old skidoo Olympic 10hp from a neighbor down the block. We would take the hood off and load it back wards so dad could drive me out to the lake to ride around while he waited in the station wagon in the cold for me.

I almost felt bad for him the next year when I won a 74' Skidoo 400 F/A from a dealership in a contest and got my drivers lic and a trailer. :(

So I went from chugging along at about 20mph to doing about 75+mph the next year on the new Freeair! :crazy:

I will always thank Dad for getting me started in sledding. He was not a Ice fisherman or winter guy at all and I'm sure he froze his nuts off waiting for me in the car while I had fun! Thanks Dad. :)

746177807_8db87d71af.jpg

1974_SKO_DOO_TNT_400_FA_6A_T.jpg

The first snowmobile that my Dad owned when I was a kid was a 340 Arctic Cat Panther that looked just like this one:

340 AC panther.jpg

After I left home I didn't get back into snowmobiling until 1998 when I bought one just like this little number brand new:

vmax500.jpg

33 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I just saw on c  list yesterday that someone is selling an all original, low miles 1980 centurian 500. When those came out it was a big deal at the yearly radar runs.

This weekend OutLaw grass drag and swap up by Princeton mn. They have a good size antique sled area and contest.

My neighbors on the farm had a couple Rupp's that looked like this:

rupp.JPG

Man how I used to love the Rupps.........

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

The first sled I bought with MY money....(The Es-kee-mo was brought home by my Dad)

jdx8a.jpg

My Brother in law had a JD Liquifire, those things were fast back then!

I suppose yer expecting a blow-by-blow dissertation on his winter pre-rigging tactics, along with a complete breakdown of mechanical pre-service and test run specification checks?  Maybe Big Dave can provide hot snacks while you two nosh over the particulars.....