• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kyrie - Hmmm

Getanet

Lots of talk on sports radio and social media lately on whether the Wolves should workout a deal that sends Wiggins to Cleveland for Kyrie. Of course there would likely be some other bit players involved to make contracts work, but for all intents and purposes it's Wiggins for Kyrie.

As a fan, would you do it, yes or no?

I'm personally leaning toward "no." Kyrie is very good and still young. But he doesn't seem to offer much beyond scoring - not a prolific assist guy and his defense has never stood out. Perhaps most importantly, if reports are true and one of the main reasons he wants to leave Cleveland is so he can be the primary star on his own team - that makes me question what type of leader, team player, and locker room presence he would be. Say what you want about Lebron, but on the court he seems like an ideal teammate, almost too willing to make the extra pass. And Cleveland still has one of the best routes back to the Finals, why would you want to get away from that?

Wiggins certainly has his faults, but he is a dynamite scorer. His defensive is poor, but at least the tools are there to be a good defender. If we lose him we also have a pretty big hole to fill on our roster. Whereas right now we have what appears to be a solid PG in Teague. 

I wouldn't hate it if we landed Kyrie, but with our current situation I prefer Wiggins. All in all though, it's certainly fun to finally be in a situation where stars want to play here, not avoid Minny at all costs.

I think it would be an offensive and experience(post season) up grade.

I all reality, we dont have the means to make the trade.  We are nearly out of money(cap space) and only have 11 players.  We need food cheap role players right now.

Only way would be to package Wiggins with future draft picks.  If the analysts are actually correct on how improved we will be, those draft pick wont carry a ton of value.

I really hope the wolves aren't seriously considering this. You take LeBron James off the cavs, and Irving leads them to an 8 seed in the east, at best! This is going to be KAT's team for years to come, so if Irving is looking to be top dog, it certainly won't be here! Personally, I don't think he'll be traded. If the lakers show any sign of improvement in this upcoming season, LeBron will be leaving to go there anyway, so Irving just needs to be patient and he'll be he top guy again.

The latest rumor is a 3 team trade involving the wolves, knicks, and cavs. Knicks would get Irving, cavs would get Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Wiggins, and wolves would get Kevin Love. The more I hear about all this trade talk, the more likely I think the wolves will do something, and it will most likely be a bad move, as this offseason has gone way too good for my comfort level! :eek:

There is no way I see us doing the three team trade and getting love. I've only seen that from one source and it just doesn't make sense for us. 

I have a feeling that wiggins will be a wolve this season. Adding kyrie doesn't make sense since we just acquired teague and can't deal him anywhere until december. I know people hate on wiggins for his defense but the dude is 22 and will develop in that area especially with butler with him during practices. I really like the core players we have right now and although it wouldn't be the worse thing to have kyrie on the team, I really want to see how this core can develop together.