• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Walleye Lake in Hayward, wi Area

Getanet

For many years my dad, uncles, etc have been heading to the Leech Lake area every spring and fall to fish for walleyes. There are usually 8-10 guys that go. Many of them are from the Barron, Wisconsin area. Since I've never really fished in Wisconsin, thought it might be fun to head to there one of these trips. Have always heard the Hayward area is pristine. Does anyone have a favorite lake, or possibly a favorite resort in the area I should add to the list when doing some research?  Walleyes are the only thing these guys are after.

I know there is a Wisconsin form, but it seems kind of quiet over there, so I'm hoping to get some opinions here.

Edited by Getanet

Nelson has been down in recent years in terms of Walleye fishing. Depends on what kind of water you like to fish. The flowage and Moose Lake are good if you like fishing really dark water. Grindstone and Lac Courte Oreilles, maybe even Round are also good walleye lakes, but those lakes have very clear water and will fish completely different than the dark water river impoundments in the area.