• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Craving first ice

minky

We’re on the cusp of cutting blocks.  I was on some good clear ice yesterday in Crow Wing County.  A small lake but smooth all the way across.  Looked like there might’ve been as much as 4 inches.

I only walked out about 20 yards.  Just until I started getting into the weeds.  Not a single crack heard.

The hunting party has enough venison so it might be a fish camp this weekend instead of deer camp!

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

We’re on the cusp of cutting blocks.  I was on some good clear ice yesterday in Crow Wing County.  A small lake but smooth all the way across.  Looked like there might’ve been as much as 4 inches.

I only walked out about 20 yards.  Just until I started getting into the weeds.  Not a single crack heard.

The hunting party has enough venison so it might be a fish camp this weekend instead of deer camp!

Dang, I was wondering where you were?  I parked extra nice this weekend on the road too so you could get by! :P

4 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Dang, I was wondering where you were?  I parked extra nice this weekend on the road too so you could get by! :P

I’m sure everyone traveling up that way appreciated your effort. :grin:

I stayed out of the public deer woods on Saturday and hunted ducks instead.  Sunday I tried another “out of the way” deer area that was covered up with others too.  Was glad to have my rifle tag filled for me and home early Sunday evening.

The public land blues have been showing this rifle season.  Looking forward to ice more than ever!

Curmudgeon Club: Membership is full. Membership capped at 1.  ;)