• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I changed the chips and batteries out of my game cameras the other day. I tripped on a log in chest deep stinging vegetation getting swarmed by mosquitoes, deer flies and horse flies. Man I feel bad for the critters having to endure those bloodsuckers. Anyway the log was full of what I think was chicken of the woods. Not so much orange but yellowish white maybe because of being canopied by vegetation? 

I forgot to mention the wood ticks. 

Been finding some chants and lobsters and a few chicken of the woods.  Other than that, pickiing berries.  Wild plums, grapes and looks like lots of high bush cranberries to be had.  This is bad for a diabetic to be thinking about jelly making.

On 8/9/2017 at 5:38 PM, minky said:

Nice haul! With that many, do you end up drying them?

Sorry, haven't logged in here forever. I actually slice, fry in butter, then freeze in portions. Then thaw and re-heat in a frying pan with a bit more butter. They seem to have a much better texture after they freeze (freezing causes the cell walls to rupture which tenderizes the mushroom). I've eaten them after a full year from the freezer and they are still great!

I get the little fold-over plastic sandwich bags and put portions in there, squeezing out any air, then put those portions into a larger heavy duty freezer bag. Works great!

I have yay vote and a nay vote on these guys.  They just exploded in my yard the past couple days.  What am I holding here?

IMG_1798.thumb.JPG.508f37ca068f144e3a4aac5bc4332090.JPG

And as long as I'm asking... this one?  We have about a half dozen different kinds that pop up.  New yard to me so I don't know if I have a U pick garden on my hands or just wet turf.

IMG_1788.thumb.JPG.be28fc38343a0b8ae15b01850399f3d5.JPG

7 hours ago, Delun Kang said:

Hello guys. Nice discussion going on. A variety of mushrooms shown here. This is the best food to jazz up your mood. Not only limited, but also you can prepare a number of dishes using it right from soup, burger, and pizza and so on. Consuming Mushroom is the best way to stay fit and healthy. According to the experts, there are huge benefits of this fungus. Agrinoon.com/agriculture, a Leading Producer, and distributor of Mushroom Spawn mainly specializing farming, further processing, home-selling, and exporting of both edible mushrooms and organic vegetables. 

20800033_1569965376387995_1173932535778189268_n.jpg

Returning Agrinoon.com- BOT