• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Russian Ammo Surprise

Couple weeks ago I posted about my disappointment with Fiocchi 9mm ammo. Others seemed to find it satisfactory so my experience out of the ordinary. I happened to be given several boxes of a 9mm Russian made cartridge with grey metal cases,  pretty cheap looking and of course it has a reputation for being pretty "dirty" stuff.  But oddly enough it seems to be accurate as heck out of my new Beretta 92FS. First, I must say the Italian made pistol is beautifully done and is very, VERY accurate (more accurate than I am), sometimes putting holes into holes on the paper. But the supposedly "crappy" Russian ammo is surprising. I do not plan to make a regular diet of the stuff because there are many alternatives.  Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you are avoiding it. And frankly, I am not finding it all that much more "dirty" than other stuff.

Very impressed with the BIG full sized 92FS.

Oh yeah: Remington, Winchester, Hornady and Federal all make 9mm in several variations and there are perhaps other's who load for 9mm. I do not plan to routinely used the Russian stuff-just surprised at how accurate it was. It actually LOOKS cheap and dirty! Ha Ha!Maybe it's all in that big ol' Italian pistol.