• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are your plans for this fall?

Anybody trying anything new this fall?  New areas, new states?  Draw any fun tags out west?  

I will be doing things a little different this year.  Our ND bow tags are good for either Mulie or Whitetail.  Last 2 years we have gone to the badlands for a weekend of Mulie hunting.  This year I plan on making it down there as many weekends as I can to try to shoot a Mulie.  My wife and I have spots lined up for Whitetails if the Mulie hunts don't pan out.  

In MN, I have bowhunted the past 4 years.  I have had good success arrowing some nice bucks.  But I feel like I miss out on some time at deer camp as my bowhunting spots are 45 minutes from our cabin.  So this year I plan on rifle hunting instead of bow.  I built a nice elevated box blind out in a swamp earlier this spring and plan on sitting there and spending time at deer camp.  I had a stand at this spot for years, but the last 2 bad wind storms took out all the bigger trees in the area and box blind was about the only option. 

Other than that, no big trips planned.

I am headed to Montana for a DIY muley whitetail combo archery hunt with my dad and brother the week before archery opener here.  I will get back just in time for a long fall of chasing deer in SE MN.  Some very nice prospects have me pretty excited all ready!

MFDC4699.JPG

Ryan and I will go to WY to hunt antelope in Aug, help a buddy with a WY elk tag in September, Ryan and I drew ND any deer tags, so muley hunt in October, whitetail in MN and ND. 

Should be fun!  No elk tag in my pocket this year, and for me nothing compares to elk hunting.  But I've got a fun fall ahead regardless. 

Archery, shotgun/rifle, muzzleloader deer in MN.  Fall turkey hunt, probably about it this year.  Go archery as much as I can & try to cut wood in between.  Usually get in 30-40 archery hunts a season counting morning & evening as each being a hunt.

Maybe try to get in a little more fall fishing.  Managed 1 or 2 outings each of the last 2 years which is a HUGE improvement from zero.  Not planning to hunt ducks any more, just don't care enough about it anymore to do the work to be decent at it.  Might do the early goose hunt, but probably be mowing food plots & shooting lanes.