• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves, 2017-2018

pikestabber

If they can get a W now in Portland and then in Utah and find another in the tough schedule ahead we will be ok...if they lose to Portland and Utah then hold on as we might see a 7 game losing streak :cry:

I thought that was going to happen after Butler got hurt :( I  really don’t see any positives in it. Things aren’t looking good for the wolves right now. Sank to the 6 seed. We’re slumping while Portland and New Orleans are the hottest teams in the league. 

Imagine my surprise to see Thibs run out both Rose AND Jones against GSW. Please don't do that again! Ugghhh....

But...a surprising and much needed end to the skid. Maybe that will spark a little confidence in this team. But we need that kind of effort EVERY game from Wiggins and KAT, not just when they are feeling up to it. If we can get 100% hustle from that tandem, then we will still be viable when Butler is ready to come back.

That was a BIG win for the T-Pups!!  Now they just need to beat Washington and the Clippers and find at least 1 more W in the next few games here and we will get through this ugly stretch of playoff teams.  Nice to see KAT take over with Wiggins showing up to the game!!!  Derrick Rose looked quick but was brutal as the ball just stuck in his hands...we shall see if he is of any help to this team but I don't think he will hurt being on our bench as he is better to have then some G league player.  too bad neither Wiggins and KAT didn't show up against the Celtics as I think we could have stole that one with Bjelica putting up 30 points!  This run might be good for him!!!

KAT is really starting to realize his potential. Defenses don't seem to have an answer for his inside/out game, and he's a pretty decent passer so he usually finds the open guy if they try to prevent him from scoring in the final minutes.

They seem to be hitting their stride at the right time and might make a little noise in the playoffs - with or without Butler.

The biggest upside to Jimmy going down is they are using Bjelica a lot more and he is showing that he can be a very big player on this team and in this league!  30pts one night vs Celtics and then 17pts 8 reb and 7 assists against the Wizards.  I think the last 2 wins will be the spring board we needed to get the confidence to stay in the playoffs!!!  GO WOLVES!!!!!!!! 

Looks like we’re playing for the 8th spot. Boy, I don’t even know if going to the playoffs is with it. 4 game blowout sweep against Houston isn’t going to get anyone any experience. 7 seed would have been nice. Playing a banged up Golden State would be an interesting series. Yep, all those losses to all those bad teams came back to haunt us.

I just go back to that terrible loss to the Grizzlies recently. They had lost 23 of its last 24 coming into the game. Had not won a road game all of 2018 and they beat the Wolves. They deserved to get booed off that night. What a pathetic showing. 

But with the history of the Wolves, we should all have a lot of confidence and nothing to worry about for this last game lol.

I have been less than impressed with the effort from Wiggins this entire season. Does Thibs keep his job if they don't make the playoffs?

I guess it’s cool they made the playoffs, but my goodness! Fans were treating it like we just won the western conference championship and were heading to the finals! Unfortunately this series has 4 game sweep written all over it, with 3 of the games probably blowouts. The team got more “playoff experience “ in lastnight’s game then they’ll get in the actual playoffs.

I guess congrats on the last seed with 2 all stars, and a max contract player in a league where 53 percent of the teams make the playoffs. Was a good game to watch although I didn't like the last few possessions of regulation. It was ugly execution by the wolves. That Jokic was on fire but man what a dirty player, he got away with a lot of cheap shots. Some times NBA is hard to watch.

I think this is the first time ever the Twins, Vikings, Wild and Wolves all made the playoffs in the same season 17/18

Well cant say I am not surprised with the outcome from that series. I think it was good for players like KAT to get a taste of the playoffs and see first hand what it takes to compete in the playoffs etc. Hopefully it was a good learning experience.

I am more disappointed with Wiggins than anything. He was a ghost for most of the season and especially in this playoff series. That max deal looks worse and worse. 

Last off season I was so hoping that the Wolves would have landed JJ Reddick but he chose 76er's...what the Wolves needed was a solid quick shooting 3 point guy and I really think that ended up being their shortfall.  It was a good season and hope that Wiggins either gets traded or finds that fire in the belly to become a dominant scorer and on ball defender night in and night out!!!  I really think he has the potential/talent but just don't think he has the will or determination to work that hard. 

I've always been a fan of launching as many three's as possible.

It's a numbers game, making 40% of your three's is like shooting 60% from two point range points wise.

The Warrior's and Rocket's have shown what that type of game plan can lead to.

It's the way the NBA is trending.

So we need guys that can hit from the outside.

Honestly, we need guys that don't miss those three foot gimme's either.

I expected to be swept, and they played OKAY in the playoffs, but they need to step up things next year if they want compete at the highest level.

I think you guys are spot on about the 3's. If you look at the stats vs Houston in the playoff. The Wolves had a better FG% and also had more rebounds. Turnovers and FT's were about even. Houston simply put up and made more 3's and that was the difference.

Looks like Derrick Rose is back on a good one year contract. He showed promise in the playoffs and his contract is as good as they come. He will be a good backup guard that can fill in the starting lineup if injuries happen. 

Hopefully find a three three point shooter like others have mentioned but they are a hot commodity in the league right now so will come with a price.