• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fiocchi pistol ammo

Just for the information of members.  I have know for some time that Fiocchie shotgun ammo is fairly decent stuff and some people consider it superior.  Today I took a new Beretta FS92 to the range and fired a lot of ammo of various makes. The Fiocchi stuff was all over the board!   Surprised me.  Yesterday I had been putting some other stuff into little 3" groups at twenty feet, sometimes in rapid fire.  I mean even the cheap Russian stuff along with Hornady, American Eagle etc.  In fact the Russian stuff,  which everybody thinks is junk (dirty) was grouping darn near in the same hole.

I offer this just for your consideration.  The FS 92 is VERY accurate right out of the box.....I'm surprised and pleased. And it is a very well made pistol.

Hmmm....odd! I've heard good and bad, both, about Fiocchi. It's usually rated as pretty decent quality Italian round. I've shot it, along with American Eagle, Blazer, Remi's, and Winnie's without a prob in my XDm's, Shields, mod 57 and 19's, and LC9's. I guess ya can always get a bad box...I had 2 boxes of Winnie .40 FMJ's that had the bullet in a loose, way too deep crimp in the brass...dangerous as heck. I'd give another box a try on a different day before I blamed it all on the rounds....

Oh yeah, I'll probably try it again because as you say, it could have been a bad batch. I note you have an LC9.  Nifty little pistol isn't it. First thing I did was get the lazer OFF it. And I actually LIKE the long long looonnng trigger pull. You'd have to be an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly to make it fire "accidentally" with that trigger. It's typical Ruger....solid and dependable-have never had a hiccup with it.

There are lots of nice pistols out there but the 92 IS an impressive piece. Just so long as you don't try to carry it in your pocket! :)

I have the LC9S, the "improved" shorter pull/rest version; got rid of the other one a bit ago. I really don't care for it!!! It's great for my summer carry gun, as it's light and conceals easily under my summer shirts. (I carry daily) My fav carry is my .40 cal S&W Shield. LOVE that gun. I'd like one in a 9mm to lighten up the carry a bit. All of my guns are .40's, except the Ruger and the model 19 magnum. The XDm's are my range guns, boy do I love them!!!  Almost bought a 92FS Italian before the XDm's.

I kinda like some of the Walthers, too...:whistle: 

Ha Ha Ha!   And I don't like the "improved one".  But they are all fun. The LC is a perfect pocket pistol and I like the little Bodyguard too with the right loads in it. And I'd buy back my 4" Python in a heartbeat if it was ever at a reasonable price.  A 1957 and they don't make pistols like that any more....and it shoots as pretty as it looks.

Have never owned a .40 and have no real use for it. My guess is you are very familiar with them.

Traveling the Southwest  off and on a man is a fool to walk around with only his smile.

I only shoot law enforcement rounds with hst bullets from federal cartridge. I have a sig 2022 in 40 cal and it's a great gun for me. Being a huge guy I needed a gun that felt good in my hand.

I used to work at federal so I got the ammo dirt cheap

I miss picking up a box or two of wadcutters from the ammo locker for $5 when I was a LEO. Seems the only place ya can find them now is from someone who reloads or has a FFL license. I can get them that way, but be nice if ya could grab a box at Wally World when out  grocery shopping. :grin:

Well you guys,   I really like the Sigs  and the Walthers but they are too heavy for my purposes and the Kimber's and Browns etc. are absurdly priced and beyond what I need. Spent most of my life in Alaska and generally speaking the nastiest thing you'd be likely to come across was covered in fur. Or too drunk to find a weapon IF he had one. But I always made sure I had a little something tucked away.

And I actually KNOW a man who killed a really big bear with a .44 magnum.  But it took the entire gun load to do it and the first thing he did when it was over was change his pants.

I defer to you guys as the pistol experts around here.

Has anyone tried Geco ammo?   Been seeing some deals on that lately.  I've shot some PPU .158 gr round nose in my .38/.357 for plinking and target practice, but it's a little dirty, so wondering if the Geco ammo is any better.   

I've shot some Fiocchi ammo in my .204 Ruger with no complaints, but haven't tried their handgun ammo.

Haven't heard of Geco. Where do you find that?  I usually grab whatever is available at Fleet Farm, which really isn't a lot. Nowhere else to really go here in Swampville, except Scheels, and they're too spendy IMO.

Thank, Mmoose, I'm pretty well stocked up with about ten asst boxes of .40 right now. Haven't been to the range since late Spring because I have too many things going on. But, I'll check with ya a later date to see if ya still have any...thanks!

42 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

I haven't bought anything besides shotgun shells in a brick and mortar store for years.

Still waiting patiently for Federal .22 ammo in the blue box to show up in the stores.  Good thing I stocked up about 10 years ago...:)

1 hour ago, swamptiger said:

Still waiting patiently for Federal .22 ammo in the blue box to show up in the stores.  Good thing I stocked up about 10 years ago...:)

Availability aside, it's basically impossible to beat ammo prices online.  Just like everything else.

Ammoseek dot com is your friend.

3 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Availability aside, it's basically impossible to beat ammo prices online.  Just like everything else.

Ammoseek dot com is your friend.

yup, I've ordered a lot of different ammo online from various suppliers that isn't available in the local stores.

Which reminds me I have about 500 rounds of .12 and .20 gauge non-tox shot I no longer need if somebody wants to make a reasonable offer:  Bismuth etc. in 4's and 6's.

And I see no shortage of .22 and other stuff in my neck of the woods.