• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buzzbait and Spinnerbait Action!

jjdubsoutdoors

Hit up one of my favorite lakes in central WI to do some kayak bass fishing. It was a nice calm morning and had some decent action on buzzbaits and spinnerbaits. Saw some signs of spawning bass and unfortunately it was tough to catch any of the bigger females, but managed quite a few decent sized males. 

Catching bass on topwater is a blast. I also managed to catch my first couple fish standing up in my new Feelfree Lure 11.5.

The surface water temp ranged from 79-82 degrees.

Most of the bass I caught on a booyah buzzbait. I also caught a few on a Nichols Lures spinnerbait and a Nichols Lures swim jig.

Overall it was a fun morning. Stay tuned for more videos!

Please hit subscribe!

Looks fun.  I grew up bass fishing like that, except out of a 12ft alumacraft and a homemade bass deck.  I really miss it.  Everybody else was into walleyes, and I was focused on bucketmouths.  Probably my all time favorite way and time to fish is early August early morning or late evening with a buzzbait.  Shallower cabbage beds with the tips sticking up out of the water.  

Wish Sakakawea had LMs and cabbage....