• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Regular Season 2017-18

lungdeflator

IMO this is not a "recent" thing with Zach's back....this has been on-going for almost a year now and will continue to be an issue unless he changes style or maybe just play on PK so he does not have to park in front of the net to be effective.

13 hours ago, CaptainMusky said:

Bear, I don't think he even participated in any training camp thinking back. I seem to remember Russo mentioning that he would be out at training camp. I know he did play in Da Beauty league at least once. Perhaps that is where he tweaked it.

Your probably right, haven't been following as close as normal. One day to go!

19 hours ago, bbfenatic said:

IMO this is not a "recent" thing with Zach's back....this has been on-going for almost a year now and will continue to be an issue unless he changes style or maybe just play on PK so he does not have to park in front of the net to be effective.

True, back injuries tend to linger and yes, it was the end of the 2016 season where the injury originally cropped up, but he was doing fine by all reports until right before training camp.

I somewhat hope they put him on LTIR, it will save us some money, give us a chance at looking at some of the young guys for an extended time.

I am impressed that Reilly has made the opening day roster. From what I read and the two games I was able to watch he looked very good.

Disappointed that Kunin didn't stick, but with their current cap situation they couldn't have him up and Reilly at the same time, plus it will be good for him to spend some time in Iowa. He has impressed thus far!

Kunin sounded like he had a great camp, no doubt he will see some nhl time this year, good to give him a little seasoning in the AHL too. Who knows maybe he forces his way onto the lineup too. Soucy sounded like he did well too but a little AHL time never hurts. 

18 hours ago, Bear55 said:

Soucy sounded like he did well too but a little AHL time never hurts. 

I didn't know much about Soucy's game before seeing him play this preseason and whoa, he is a big dude!

I really liked what I saw, he played well against Winnipeg I thought and held up against Byfuglien behind the net which says a lot because he is a mass of humanity.

I don't think he's ready yet, but he will certainly get some time with the big club this year. Certainly there will be injuries along the way.

You guys see the D pairings? Looks like Chuck and Bruce's experiment with Dumba/Suter isn't going to start out together at least. I kinda liked the thought of that pairing because Suter you can just bank on him being sound defensively, but not little offense from him. Dumba would have brought a little more dynamic D play there, not that Spurg is lacking, I just would have liked to see it play out a bit.

I think Suter/Dumba and Spurgie/Brodin is more balanced and I like it but whatever. Hopefully Brodin and Dumba can find some mojo because we really need them to, they could be amazing together if they can figure it out. Dumba just needs to limit some of those mistakes, love him on offence. Suter seems very capable of carrying a partner, not sure Brodin can do that yet. 

When is it time to go full panick on Dubs?  

Down the stretch last year, I thought he was mediocre at best, really seemed like his goals against was around 4.  Yes, he has good stretches, but he basically threw away the Vezina the last 2 months of the season last year.  4 goals in his first 2 games this year, not a good start.  

Dubs only played the first game against Detroit.  Stallock played against Carolina.  So no reason to panic yet.

It's a pretty tough couple weeks to open the season.  5 of 6 on the road with a back to back against @Winnipeg and @Calgary.  Then 4 at home atleast. 

OK..I edited the Title to Reg Season so we did not lose the thread.

Wild are definitely a work in progress unfortunately...that Carolina game was a mess although the goals we had other than Koivu's Parise type goal were good skilled goals.  Dumba setting up Zucker and him  re-directing the pass was awesome, Staal picked his opening perfectly and Stewie made a nice quick move.  Now if they would play the "system" like they are supposed to I think they could win a game.

It is the nature of the game and certianly hurts with him out and Parise probably not running on all cylinders either...plus does not help we've got the BHawks up next.

How about those young kids over in Toronto...good for them...they've figured it out from the top all the way down.

James Neal in Vegas is the MVP right now IMO. 3 game winning goals in 3 games.

I'm already worried about the Wild's roster options with injuries this early. They are so strapped against the cap right now they probably cannot even bring someone up from Iowa.

Parise should have been placed on LTIR. The strange thing is no one is saying what his injury actually is, but Zach has said it is NOT his back. ?????

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusky said:

James Neal in Vegas is the MVP right now IMO. 3 game winning goals in 3 games.

He is on pace for 130+ goals this year.  LOL  He has 5 of the teams 9 goals.  They are alone in first place now.

Yes the Parise thing is very concerning.  They are running 7 defense men for the game tonight, I am guessing the cap issue could have more to do with it than they are letting on.

A few of observations from last night's game:

We played without $20+ Million in salaries and did OK...got a point at least. Secondly Suter was a -4, Spurg a -3. We got Cullen on the cheap and still not getting our money's worth IMO. Also...I'm getting a little tired of Dubs whining everytime he lets in a goal. It is gonna be a real circus until they get healthy and then who knows what this team is going to be like, we really have no idea yet IMO but the play of our Vets has not been stellar by any means thus far...except for Stewie who has been out of his head.