Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

lungdeflator

Wild Regular Season 2017-18

Agree Bear...it is going to be a crazy finish for both Conferences...trade dealine less than a month away and those that think they can will pull the trigger...those that don't or cannot afford to won't...but there will be movement soon IMO. I see Preds already talked Fisher into coming out of retirement for the stretch run.

I really hope we don't do much this trade deadline unless it is some kind of long term move, there is zero cap space so our hands might be tied anyway. 

47 minutes ago, bear555 said:

I really hope we don't do much this trade deadline unless it is some kind of long term move, there is zero cap space so our hands might be tied anyway. 

It seems like the last couple years our moves to help the team actually hurt the team.  I am all for just letting this one ride out with the roster we have.

Well nice win last night and big game against Dallas tonight. Pretty obvious vegas was tired but at least we took care of business. 

Another egg, strange season, I guess we haven't had a major slump so that is good but no major win streak either. Just consistently inconsistent, no doubt back to backs aren't easy but they were playing well before Dallas took us to out to the wood shed. 

I saw quote by one of the players after the dallas game, I can't recall who said it though, and he summed it up perfectly.  They scored the first goal and we just gave up.

Get back up on the saddle tonight with the Blues. We need these Divisional Games. And no giving away loser points either. All 2 pts. Get the road trend in the right direction starting tonight.

I've been trying to big picture this thing and we are playing well 10-4-2 since Christmas but my god the rest of the central (outside of Chicago) is keeping the same pace, we just can't make up any ground. It is just madness!

Today's daily projections from The Atheletic have us making it in the 8th spot...projections consider all upcoming schedules for all teams...but does not consider any projected injuries of course.

We should go on a good run here with a bunch of home games and a very favorable Feb schedule the rest of the way.  Time to make the climb cuz it gets tough towards the end of the season.

Minor move today to pick up a Dman and clear some space for Greenway possibly joining

Well that was a completely unnecessary loss and bad way to give up the extra point. The only good news is the Avs lost.

for some reason the wild have problems with bad teams at home, I believe Edmonton beat us at home also, along with some others. if we could just win these games at home that we should, we make the playoffs easy. the good thing is the upcoming teams are much better teams, so we have a better chance to win.:confused:

Edited by knoppers

Man, the Hawks are bad. We didn't getting many scoring chances, but even though the Hawks had 44 shots, they were not in what would be considered Grade A scoring chances.

Good defensive game to force everything outside. Dubnyk played great.

I have been reading some of the Hawks fans tweets, etc and I thought we had some bandwagon fans, but good Lord they are far worse!

Agree BHawks are terrible and saw those same tweets....it is just the cost of success IMO. 3 cups in the last 8 yrs tough to keep the group together, lower draft choices, CAP space issues, aging stars...give them a few yrs they'll be back on top...and I do appreciate their passion for the game.

The Hawks get run out of the building by the Coyotes, 6-1, last night in Arizona.  Is Crawford really that good of a goalie to keep them in it all these years.

40 minutes ago, hoppe56307 said:

The Hawks get run out of the building by the Coyotes, 6-1, last night in Arizona.  Is Crawford really that good of a goalie to keep them in it all these years.

No...he's good but not that good....tending is only part of the problem. Q has lost the team IMO.

The hawks are a shell of their former selves, Toews isn't as good as he once was, Keith and Seabrook have fallen off a cliff and they are in cap hell. With that said I think any team in the league would trade spots with them in a heartbeat if they could put together a ten year run like they had. Crawford going down certainly pushed them over the edge as well, they could bounce back but I don't think you will ever see another dominant Hawks team unless they pull off some kind of miracle rebuild, even then that looks hard to do with Toes, Kane, Seabrook & Keith making 33 million until 2022-23. Still those guys deserve their $$$ for what they did. 

I would trade shoes with the Hawks in a heartbeat, but man, it could be a bumpy ride for them now. They had a heckuva run. They were one of the most feared teams in the league for 10 years and now they are a stat padder which is kind of sad.

We need a win tonight. The Rangers have been playing much better after the GM wrote an open letter basically telling everyone he didn't have faith in them and they were going to do a yard sale with the roster.

Seeler gets his NHL Debut. Hopefully he doesn't get exposed, but I like his size, physical nature. He was a bit suspect playing the puck IMO during his college days, but I haven't seen him play in a while.

If it weren't for injuries there would be 9 Minnesota players on the ice tonight. Sounds like McDonagh is out.

I wonder if Fletcher should write a letter, maybe iron out some of these oddball games we have had lately. Need to mod up on this home stretch.

We will also get to see what Greenway can do on the world stage tomorrow morning at the olympics. Hopefully he has a good showing to build some confidence and come to the Wild and an impact before the end of the season.

The Staal line needs a little help, not sure if Greenway is ready for prime time yet but I haven't seen anything from Ennis saying he should keep that spot. I don't want Fletcher to make anything crazy moves at the trade deadline but a cheap upgrade at wing for Staal & Nino would be nice.

Agree...this is a huge game...beating the 2 bottom dwellers at home against Chi and NYR has not proven much IMO...beat both Wash and Anaheim then we are on a roll.  Really no reason to lose tonight....playing very well as a team...at home...Dubs has been stellar. Other teams are stumbling a little so we have a chance to create more separation.

Well now we really need to beat Anaheim, it was nice to have a tiny bit of breathing room there for about 5 minutes but back to the death march to the playoffs.