• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Regular Season 2017-18

lungdeflator

Agree Bear...it is going to be a crazy finish for both Conferences...trade dealine less than a month away and those that think they can will pull the trigger...those that don't or cannot afford to won't...but there will be movement soon IMO. I see Preds already talked Fisher into coming out of retirement for the stretch run.

47 minutes ago, bear555 said:

I really hope we don't do much this trade deadline unless it is some kind of long term move, there is zero cap space so our hands might be tied anyway. 

It seems like the last couple years our moves to help the team actually hurt the team.  I am all for just letting this one ride out with the roster we have.

Today's daily projections from The Atheletic have us making it in the 8th spot...projections consider all upcoming schedules for all teams...but does not consider any projected injuries of course.

We should go on a good run here with a bunch of home games and a very favorable Feb schedule the rest of the way.  Time to make the climb cuz it gets tough towards the end of the season.

Minor move today to pick up a Dman and clear some space for Greenway possibly joining

for some reason the wild have problems with bad teams at home, I believe Edmonton beat us at home also, along with some others. if we could just win these games at home that we should, we make the playoffs easy. the good thing is the upcoming teams are much better teams, so we have a better chance to win.:confused:

Edited by knoppers

Man, the Hawks are bad. We didn't getting many scoring chances, but even though the Hawks had 44 shots, they were not in what would be considered Grade A scoring chances.

Good defensive game to force everything outside. Dubnyk played great.

I have been reading some of the Hawks fans tweets, etc and I thought we had some bandwagon fans, but good Lord they are far worse!

Agree BHawks are terrible and saw those same tweets....it is just the cost of success IMO. 3 cups in the last 8 yrs tough to keep the group together, lower draft choices, CAP space issues, aging stars...give them a few yrs they'll be back on top...and I do appreciate their passion for the game.

40 minutes ago, hoppe56307 said:

The Hawks get run out of the building by the Coyotes, 6-1, last night in Arizona.  Is Crawford really that good of a goalie to keep them in it all these years.

No...he's good but not that good....tending is only part of the problem. Q has lost the team IMO.

The hawks are a shell of their former selves, Toews isn't as good as he once was, Keith and Seabrook have fallen off a cliff and they are in cap hell. With that said I think any team in the league would trade spots with them in a heartbeat if they could put together a ten year run like they had. Crawford going down certainly pushed them over the edge as well, they could bounce back but I don't think you will ever see another dominant Hawks team unless they pull off some kind of miracle rebuild, even then that looks hard to do with Toes, Kane, Seabrook & Keith making 33 million until 2022-23. Still those guys deserve their $$$ for what they did. 

I would trade shoes with the Hawks in a heartbeat, but man, it could be a bumpy ride for them now. They had a heckuva run. They were one of the most feared teams in the league for 10 years and now they are a stat padder which is kind of sad.

We need a win tonight. The Rangers have been playing much better after the GM wrote an open letter basically telling everyone he didn't have faith in them and they were going to do a yard sale with the roster.

Seeler gets his NHL Debut. Hopefully he doesn't get exposed, but I like his size, physical nature. He was a bit suspect playing the puck IMO during his college days, but I haven't seen him play in a while.

If it weren't for injuries there would be 9 Minnesota players on the ice tonight. Sounds like McDonagh is out.

The Staal line needs a little help, not sure if Greenway is ready for prime time yet but I haven't seen anything from Ennis saying he should keep that spot. I don't want Fletcher to make anything crazy moves at the trade deadline but a cheap upgrade at wing for Staal & Nino would be nice.

Agree...this is a huge game...beating the 2 bottom dwellers at home against Chi and NYR has not proven much IMO...beat both Wash and Anaheim then we are on a roll.  Really no reason to lose tonight....playing very well as a team...at home...Dubs has been stellar. Other teams are stumbling a little so we have a chance to create more separation.