• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warriors/Cavs

JBMasterAngler

Yes both teams are clearly the top dogs in their divisions. Lebron's 7 straight trip to the finals. That is impressive! I have the warriors in 5. Both teams are loaded with all-stars just think the GS with KD will be on a mission after last years collapse...

Now that Golden State has won the NBA title, it's too bad there's no way to skip the 2018 season altogether, and go right to the finals, where it will be Golden State vs. Cleveland for the 4th year in a row. No reason to believe otherwise.

Listening to Mike & Mike on the radio this morning, they were speculating if Lebron will stay in Cleveland after his contract expires next year or look for greener pastures. My question is where is he going to go that would give him a realistic chance to beat Golden State?

At this point GS has turned the idea of the "Big 3" into the "Big 4." Cleveland already has the Big 3 - better than anyone else outside of GS. Somehow, some way, they need to add another All Star to their roster without sacrificing Lebron, Love or Kyrie. I don't know how they could actually pull that off, but they are in a better position than any other team in the NBA to somehow compete with GS over the next few years. And that's fairly sad considering they nearly got swept.

Barring a significant injury to one of GS' stars or Cleveland somehow pulling off a trade for someone like Paul George and keeping their current stars, it sure looks like GS will dominate the NBA for the next few years with very few teams even being a threat.

The only chance of any team replacing Cleveland would be Boston. And that will only happen if they draft Markelle Fultz, and he becomes a stand out obvious choice for rookie of the year. And they get a big name, namely Paul George. However, sounds like Cleveland might be gunning for George. The talk of hem getting rid of Kevin Love is already going strong. Kyle Korver and Derron Williams are for sure gone. They'll need to find a backup for Irving. 

Andre Iguadala is a free agent (do the right thing timberwolves!), and there's a pretty good chance the warriors will let him go. That might make a difference, as he's been their best guy coming off the bench for the past few seasons. There's lots of talk that the spurs might sign Chris Paul. With all that being said, it's still pretty much a lock that Golden State will defeat Cleveland in 6 in the 2018 finals.

What a miserable time to be a competitive team not named the Warriors.  I'm incredibly glad the wolves are young and still building because there is no sense making a big push right now to win a title with Golden State at its peak.  Its best to play the long game and time your move for when Golden States run starts coming to an end, of course that might be another couple years.

I do wonder how good this is for the NBA though. The hardcore fan will stick around but I think a lot of casual fans that just want to see competitive games will be turned off.  Its getting to the point where they are playing an 82 game preseason that doesn't matter at all because at the start we all know which 2 teams will be in the finals and which team will win.