Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
MidCoast

Lazer Synthetic vs regular Lazer hand auger

So what is the difference between the Lazer Synthetic and just a plain ole Lazer hand auger when it comes to cutting ice with a hand drill?  Lazer Synthetic is lighter but does it cut any better?  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•    Mama must be crackin' the whip tonite, looks like he can't come out and play. Or, he and Delmar are hittin' the corn stands.
    • Wow. I was tempted to drive down to my sister's place in KC, but the probability of cloudy skies scared me away.  I have some regrets. Where were ya? I did drive to Frontenac state park to get a look at what we got here.  Didn't look like the clouds we're going to cooperate in the metro.
    • He's a liberal so, same thing!   
    • Made it down to Missouri to visit a friend and witness the eclipse. Cool event overall. I had a tripod malfunction seconds before totality began so all of my shots were handheld at 600mm so I know they could be better. I still am happy with the results though.
    • Smurfy's just stirrin' the pot, those union guys must have lotsa free time.......    Say Delmar, yer Cub foods has corn for TEN CENTS AN EAR in their ad this week....
    • I buy from his buddy's truck.   What more does he want?   Sometimes I buy at walmart instead.  Life goes on, Brah  obla dee obla dah
    • WTF are you talking about?  You are already judging me so bring it on.  Tell me about your training.  Cite studies that show the deficiencies of treadmills.   Cite studies that show how Chiropractic cures diabetes and cancer...   Come on, you want to engage in a battle of wits?  Don't come half equipped.   Heat? How about I repost the bizarre chiropractic stuff?  Or have you disavowed it of late?    
    • I read about someone else fishing them like that, so gave it a try.  I use a smaller paddle tail sometimes or this last weekend I was using a SK Rodent. I've kinda switched to Dbombs and Pit bosses for t-rigs, so I figured I would use up some of those Rodents. They worked good on the Chatterbait for action, but tore up kinda fast.   This technique works best I think in dirtier water for me. I would definately have a t-rig ready too. Been catching a lot on them too!
    • You sure are into this huggin' and kissy stuff. Are you one of those touchy-feely "Oh I'm so happy" free spirit type guys?!        
    • Well, I didn't have any results anywhere close to that... we had a good time at the cabin we stayed at (got home Saturday), but fishing was very tough... if we end up going up there again next year I'll be in touch...
  • Our Sponsors