• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's going on out there?

RuddyDuck

I was out last night on a local lake and was surprised to see the water temp down to 57.  Caught a couple cookie cutter fish, but not the big ones I was looking for. Fished a lot of weeds in the 6-9ft range, but not a lot going on there. The biggest one was still shallow in some reeds, so not sure if we are still in the spawn/post spawn stage.  

Whats everyone else seeing out there for a bite and fishing conditions. Big weekend coming up, Good luck!! :)

After the cold snap, temps on Trout were back down in the high 40s. Back around 53 now, and should keep warming if the forecast holds. Fish have already moved shallow, bedmaking and piscine lovemaking will follow soon for the brown ones. I am hitting Leech tomorrow...will be interesting to see what water temps are in the protected parts of the bays.

The 2 lakes i bass fish have slowed way down the last week.   A swim-bait ripple shad was hot ticket for a while but that is just a pike attraction right now.  Been switching to a Senko and helped a little.   Pads are coming up fast now and we should see a spike up in activity soon.  Cannot wait to throw the frogs soon as that is the biggest rush watching those eruptions in the water!!   Thanks for posting as i found it to be quite slower than usual also.   Which means i need to find better ammo during those times.  

We caught plenty of bass this weekend.  However most were small 12-13".  Deep fish were less than eager to bite.  Still seen a couple guarding nests yet.

Small plastics fished slowly was by far the best tactic.

Only found a couple decent fish, biggest being 19.25".

I have been out the last two days locally and haven't set the world on fire. Caught a few each day, but fish have been scattered. Lake is loaded with curly leaf mats this year, so that hasn't helped things. Once that starts dying and weather warms up, things should pick up.

The last two times I've been out - on two very different lakes - basically found the same thing: large stretches of usually good water that were empty or close to it, and just one or two spots completely loaded up with fish. Haven't been able to figure out why just yet. It will be interesting to see what I find tomorrow.

I was up west of Walker this weekend. Pads are up some but not thick yet. Perfect for working the shores and getting those shallow bass. Fish seemed to be spawning or just finishing up. Swim jigs and t-rigged lizards worked.

Different world up there compared to our junk weed filled lakes down here!  

The past two weekends have been horrible for me with the exception of last Monday.  Eight different lakes and all the same suckyness.  Tried shallow, deep and everywhere in between and I'm just struggling.  Oh well, it can only get better.  

Fish were on beds on Trout when I went out on Friday, and I don't really like bed fishing for smallies (zero challenge) so I targeted other areas. That naturally limited by success, but I did find one good area where fish were just moving up (or maybe were really early spawners that had already recovered). Caught 15 fish in 50 minutes in one area, then caught four fish in the next three hours trying to replicate the pattern.

With the spawn pretty much done, I'm thinking a Friday smashfest on Leech might be in order. Or maybe Mille Lacs. I will be fishing somewhere for sure!

Went out locally the past 2 weekends and did okay but like thatoneguy reported. I fished normally productive areas with little success but when you find one fish there were plenty more in that specific area but go 50 yards either way and nothing.