• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smoked northern

Smoked 3 slimers last week.  real simple brine, 1 cup pickling salt, 1 cup brown sugar and water to cover.  24 hr soak.  added onions and brown sugar on top. 3.5 hrs at 195.  Used to leave skin on, dealt with the slime.  still tasted great.  Been skin off for a couple batches lately and its the way to go.  no slime to deal with, just sprayed the rack with pam.  hammerhandles be ware!

Retch, puke gag.   Good God, do you guys realize what you do to the more sensitive palates around here.

I've watched buzzards walk right around a pile of pike to get to a good aromatic gopher.

Please,  consider your Forum pals.

2 hours ago, Ufatz said:

Retch, puke gag.   Good God, do you guys realize what you do to the more sensitive palates around here.

I've watched buzzards walk right around a pile of pike to get to a good aromatic gopher.

Do you even like fish?

13 hours ago, Ufatz said:

I'll take them over walleye any day!!!

I will admit to this :   there are a couple of crystal clear, cold lakes in Yukon,  within a mile or so of my cabin, where you COULD actually eat and enjoy pike. They did not compare to some nice Grayling but  you COULD eat them.

I'm not a fish eater unless it is fresh king salmon or kind crab but quite a few folks would eat the pike. And I will admit to enjoying a chunk of walleye now and then so long as it is slathered in hot sauce and I have had 13 double Makers Marks.

But hey!.....you fellas enjoy them!

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Smoked nords and 1 trout from leeches favorite trout lake!

IMG_20170807_210717830.jpg

You went to Great Slave Lake? :confused:  :lol:   So, do the slimier Y bones pull out nice like the Trout?