• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's going to be a Hot Garden!

leech~~

Fleet Farm was having a sale so just for fun I picked up some warm peppers to try this year.

Got a few
Carolina Reapers, Scoville heat units: 1,569,300 - 2,200,000

Trinidad Chocolate scorpion peppers. Scoville heat units (SHU): 1,200,000 – 2,000,000

Ghost Peppers, Scoville heat units: 855,000 – 1,041,427

Just for contrast Jalapeno Pepper Scoville rating are only: 2,500 – 8,000

These could bam up my home made Hot sauce, Chili and Hot Wings a bit later this summer!  :lol:

4 hours ago, ZachD said:

These started plants?

I have some reaper powder I use on my eggs and chicken... yumm yummm

Yes, Fleet is having a sale in their garden center. Bought two of each should be fun to see how they grown.

43 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Yes, Fleet is having a sale in their garden center. Bought two of each should be fun to see how they grown.

I may have to pick some up I never had time to start my seeds indoors this year

Things are growing Hotter in the garden!

The Carolina Reapers, Trinidad Chocolate scorpions and Ghost Peppers are on their way. They look as nasty and mean as they are hot! :)

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

Edited by leech~~

24 minutes ago, KEN W said:

darn......how can you guys eat that stuff....Jalapenos are to hot for me.:crazy::eek:

Drops at a time Grasshopper! Just don't let your mascara run when your crying like the little girls above!  :lol:

Edited by leech~~

22 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Is there anything to these things beyond just straight fire?  I feel like any sort of flavor they could impart is buried by flames.

Bob, I make Hot sauce out of them. They provide the heat and other less hot peppers and other ingredients give the flavor. :P

I would never eat them straight like the little brainless cuties above. :lol:

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Bob, I make Hot sauce out of them. They provide the heat and other less hot peppers and other ingredients give the flavor. :P

I would never eat them straight like the little brainless cuties above. :lol:

So like a couple drops per jar?

Me and my BIL did this to my sister. She wasn't boisterous or drinking but very gullible. We gave her a scotch bonnet pepper and said it tasted just like a green pepper, which she likes. Needless to say, she stood by the garbage can spitting for about a half hour. She tried beer, milk, ect... but nothing helped except for time.

I felt bad and I'm still waiting for the payback as I know it's coming eventually. 

3 minutes ago, outdoors247 said:

Me and my BIL did this to my sister. She wasn't boisterous or drinking but very gullible. We gave her a scotch bonnet pepper and said it tasted just like a green pepper, which she likes. Needless to say, she stood by the garbage can spitting for about a half hour. She tried beer, milk, ect... but nothing helped except for time.

I felt bad and I'm still waiting for the payback as I know it's coming eventually. 

Oh what an A-O you were. :(     :lol::D:P 

any of you hot pepper heads grown Thia Chili Peppers??????? i use them to zing up some pickles and pickled green beans. i used to get them from a friend, but we aintz friends no more. they would dry them. havent really paid much attention at the greenhouses if they carry them. sometime down the road i'm gonna need some!!!!!!  

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

any of you hot pepper heads grown Thia Chili Peppers??????? i use them to zing up some pickles and pickled green beans. i used to get them from a friend, but we aintz friends no more. they would dry them. havent really paid much attention at the greenhouses if they carry them. sometime down the road i'm gonna need some!!!!!! 

I thought about them and they are Hot but not as hot as the deadly three!  ;)